(PRWEB) May 25, 2005
WeAreQC.com launched this week as the Quad-CitiesÂ first and only local community directory and self-publishing Web portal. The long-term vision of the site is to link together a virtual Quad Cities that will help the physical Quad Cities better communicate, collaborate and prosper.
ÂThe Internet is becoming an amazing global communication tool Â but has not yet reached its fullest potential as a local and regional communication channel,Â says John Gerstner, President of Communitelligence, Inc., a Davenport communications company specializing in portal Web sites. Communitelligence also owns and operates two other new portals Â http://www.GreenCollectors.com for antique John Deere enthusiasts, and http://www.Communitelligence.com, a knowledge-sharing site for communications, marketing and PR professionals.
ÂOur vision for WeAreQC is to provide the Quad Cities with a one-stop, state-of-the-art Web tool that allows residents to quickly find and share information. Every individual and organization in the Quad Cities can contribute to the site in multiple ways.Â
ÂWeAreQC makes Web publishing easy and even fun,Â says Shelia Gerstner, Communitelligence Vice-President. ÂAll you need is a Web browser and an Internet connection to contribute content, or maintain your self-publishing page or Web site. Registering as a member, which is free, allows more publishing options.Â
WeAreQC.com currently has about 10,000 local organizations and attractions listed in its Business and ÂBest of QCÂ Directories. Basic listings are free, but every listing can be instantly enhanced into a real-time self-publishing page or full Web site.
ÂWeÂve designed WeAreQC to encompass every business in the Quad Cities and give answers about our region at the touch of a finger. Unlike the large global search engines, our users can add and update their own listings, and find only local organizations when they do a search. At the same time, every local organization in the WeAreQC directory can show up on any search engine anywhere in the world.
ÂThe lifeblood of any community is its organizations,Â continues John Gerstner. ÂAs residents of the Quad Cities for more than 30 years, we see the need to make the unique attractions and organizations of our community much more visible. This tool gives every local organization a very simple and effective way to communicate its mission, news and events to the community and globally. WeÂre so convinced of this need that we are offering free self-publishing pages to local non-profits as our way of giving something back to the community.Â
In addition to its self publishing capabilities and extensive business directory, the site offers a wide range of other interactive features including:
- Ask the Expert: Quad-City experts answer questions on popular topics and local issues
- Best of QC Mall: On-line catalog featuring some of the areaÂs most unique products and services
- Classifieds: Post and manage personal Classified Ads.
- Discussion: Join conversations on topics ranging from life in the Quad Cities to favorite local restaurants.
- News: Anyone in the Quad Cities can submit news and announcements via Web forms.
- Calendar: Click to add local club, organization, church and business meetings.
- Promotions: Specials and coupons from Quad-City area businesses.
- Real Estate: List and find Quad-Cities homes and apartments for sale or rent.
- Jobs: Employers can post openings, and job seekers can add a resume.
- Community Columns & Newsletters: Lets individuals and organizations share their knowledge and opinions.
- Ratings & Reviews: Allows members to rate businesses, films, etc.
- QC WhoÂs Who Websites: Allows members to create a simple Web site
- Polls: Voice your opinion in surveys and daily polls.
- Postcards: Send a Quad-City e-postcard.
WeAreQC is now seeking local topic experts to become Ask The Expert community leaders. All you need is knowledge of the topic and word-processing skills. Inquiries about this, non-profit self publishing pages and Web site design and hosting are welcome via jgceo@WeAreQC.com or by calling (563) 386-7261.
# # #