(PRWEB) May 26, 2005
SafeDesk is offering free thin-client software for schools who have historically had difficulty purchasing and maintaining computer labs due to limited resources. Through the QuickStart program, SafeDesk Standard, the flagship product, based upon SUSE Linux is being distributed both as a free downloadable CD or as a low-cost pre-configured server bundle that is ready to deploy out of the box. This will provide any School, public or private the ability to have multiple client terminals up and running in a matter of minutes rather than days or months. In addition, it can be fully supported and maintained remotely by qualified SafeDesk technicians.
Additional benefits of the SafeDesk Quick-Start program include:
- A free SafeDesk Standard server configuration for up to 30 users
- Discounts on future hardware and software purchases and upgrades through SafeDesk
- A personal SafeDesk account representative to discuss integration or future expansion needs.
- Periodic web-based newsletter showcasing new features and best practices
- Tiered phone and e-mail-based deployment support
- 60-days of free upgrades and maintenance service for registered SafeDesk Standard software
SafeDesk Solutions (http://www.safedesksolutions.com), provides commercial development and integration support for Linux Terminal Services This allows organizations that don't have the resources or expertise necessary to deploy and integrate a Linux Terminal Service network to benefit from the values of both Linux and Thin-Client computing.
More information is available at http://www.safedesksolutions.com/quickstart or by calling 866.465.8636.
# # #