(PRWEB) May 28, 2005
BigOven, a rapidly growing Web and WindowsÂ® PC recipe sharing network, announces the immediate availability of several new features for its innovative recipe sharing network:
- Free recipe archive: Search 150,000 recipes instantly!
- Recipe tagging: Recipes can be tagged with keywords like ÂspicyÂ, ÂgrillÂ, Âlow-carbÂ and more, and posted to the site.
- Photo posting and sharing online: Photos can be posted for any given recipe, and imported into the award-winning BigOven for Windows recipe software with a single click of the mouse.
- Search-as-you-type: Recipes can be quickly found by title or ingredient as you type. See http://www.bigoven.com/find.aspx
- Leftover Wizard: Simply type up to three ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry, and BigOven instantly tells you what you can make. See http://www.bigoven.com/leftoverwizard.aspx
- Recipe sharing: Recipes can be posted to the online recipe archive, shared with cooks around the world, who can try out then rate the recipe
About BigOvenÂs Group Tagging
BigOven for Windows users can post as many recipes as they want, free of charge, to the shared online recipe archive at http://www.bigoven.com. They simply enter the recipe into the program and click the ÂPost RecipeÂ button on the toolbar. Cooks can ÂtagÂ, or mark up, a recipe with keywords indicating its cuisine, ingredients, style of cooking, occasion served, diet style and more. Other cooks can then see all tags within a particular category, essentially creating a browsing structure designed by the user community, rather than a set of editors.
ÂBy posting their favorite recipes and tagging them with descriptive terms of their own choosing, BigOven becomes more naturally organized the more people use it. Since other cooks can try and rate recipes, that are posted, itÂs like having a giant, shared test kitchen used by people around the world.Â
BigOven combines powerful desktop recipe organization software with seamless access to an online recipe archive. Using the latest XML and Microsoft .NET technologies, BigOven is able to provide the benefits of both a massive shared recipe archive with the quick data entry and recipe storage features of desktop software.
Since its first release in February 2004, BigOven has received 5/5 stars from sixteen consecutive independent reviews, including the highest possible honors at Tucows, Softpicks.net, Sofotex, Global Shareware, TopPicks.net and Promaxum. BigOven also received mention as Pick of the Day by USAToday.com and ZDNet. In October, BigOven earned the Windows User Group Networks (WUGNET's) coveted "Shareware Hall of Fame" and "Shareware Pick of the Week" designations, awarded to less than 2% of applications they review. BigOven has also been featured by Microsoft's WindowsMarketplace.com as a top shareware pick.
BigOven for Windows requires a PC with Microsoft WindowsÂ® 98 / 98SE / 2000 / NT / XP and 15 Mb of memory. The Palm OS BigOven Recipe Companion requires PalmOS version 3.0 or higher. The BigOven Windows Mobile Companion requires a Windows Mobile Pocket PC with the .NET Compact Framework installed, and 1Mb of free memory.
Price and Availability
Download a Free Trial At http://www.bigoven.com .
BigOven for Windows is free to try for 30 days, $29.95 to purchase thereafter; posting and retrieving recipes from the shared archive is free. Palm OS and Windows Mobile PDA companions are currently available free of charge.
# # #