We congratulate the Go San Francisco Card on its growth
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) June 2, 2005
Reflecting the growth in family travel and California wine country vacations, visitors drawn to San Francisco, California and the Bay Area will enjoy even more of the cityÂs and regionÂs top attractions at one great low price, thanks to the new edition of the Go San FranciscoÂ card. The all-inclusive smart card attraction pass now includes: free entry to 50 San Francisco Bay Area attractions; discounts on popular tours, shows and events; and savings of up to 20% on dining and shopping. However, the cost of the Go San Francisco card will remain at $49 for a one-day adult card, with prices as low as $19.00 per day on multiple day cards.
The list of new attractions added as of April 2005 include: the prestigious San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA); Legion of Honor; California Academy of Sciences - Steinhart Aquarium; Six Flags Marine World; Bay Area Discovery Museum; Super Sightseeing TourÂs full-day Wine Country tour and Monterey and Carmel tour; Bay City Bike Rentals; San Francisco walking tours. The card also covers a host of attractions in Napa and Sonoma Valleys including; Franciscan, Goosecross, Ravenswood and Simi winery tours; a Taste of Downtown Napa pass; and free admission to the wine, food and arts center COPIA. All of these destinations have been added the Go San Francisco companion Guidebook, which comes free with each card and includes maps and destination tips.
ÂThe Go San Francisco Card simplifies the destination experience for travelers, giving them flexibility, choice and convenience with one low price for a daily pass,Â said Cecilia Dahl, president of Smart Destinations, the productÂs parent company. ÂItÂs an exciting way for the area to present itself as we market the product to travelers from across the country and around the globe.Â
"We congratulate the Go San Francisco Card on its growth," said Laurie Armstrong, vice president, public relations with the San Francisco Convention & Visitors Bureau. ÂThe more that visitors can experience here, the more they will enjoy the trip, tell others about it and return to San Francisco in the future.Â
"The Go San Francisco Card delivers the future of tourism today," said Tom Escher, Jr., Red and White Fleet's vice president for sales and marketing, whose company offers San Francisco Bay cruises and tours. "Our guests spend more time relaxing and enjoying their stay, because they know they are getting top attractions at a great value combined with the ease of a smart card."
Visitors can purchase the Go San Francisco Card online at http://www.GoSanFranciscoCard.com or through any of Smart DestinationsÂ global distribution partners. The card is also an included component in a number of hotel packages and weekend getaways and is marketed as a valuable add-on for meeting and convention delegates. Locally, the card is available at the Red and White Fleet ticket booth on FishermanÂs Wharf or at the San Francisco Visitor Information Center just off Union Square.
Smart Destinations At A Glance:
- Launched Go Boston in 2003, added Go San Francisco in 2004, and six new cities will be rolled out in 2005.
- More than 1000 distribution partners and affiliates in over 25 countries, including Virgin Holidays, American Airlines Vacations, Southwest Vacations, The Mark Travel Corporation, National Leisure Group, and major online tour operators such as Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and more.
- Recent recipient of more than $4 M investment from North Hill Ventures, the venture investment arm of Capital One and Zon Capital Partners, a private venture capital firm.
- Cecilia Dahl, President and founder, is an industry veteran of the wholesale travel business, formerly with Collette Vacations. Kevin McLaughlin, CEO and founder, is a veteran entrepreneur with experience in marketing and product management for high tech products.
Go Cards At A Glance:
- The product is a single, easy-to-carry smart card used as a ticket for unlimited attraction admissions that eliminates paperwork and coupons.
- Accompanying guidebook lists the included free attractions, shops and restaurants that offer exclusive value savings, as well as fun tips and detailed maps.
- Unlimited free admission to 20-60 attractions in destination city from as little as $19.00 per day.
- Exclusive discounts at restaurants and shopping destinations offered.
- 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7-day cards available.
- Central voucher redemption locations for those traveling on packages, and key tourist destination points of sale.
About Smart Destinations
Smart Destinations is the premier provider of unlimited admission attraction passes in major U.S. travel destinations. Smart DestinationsÂ Go Cards offer simplified access to dozens of attractions to individuals, couples and families, for one fixed Âper dayÂ price. The Go Guidebook is ready-to-travel and includes fun facts about a destination, access details, and important local numbers. Distributed through major travel services in 25 countries as well as on the Web, Smart DestinationsÂ Go Cards are the industryÂs Âtrusted companionÂ for the best a city has to offer at an unbeatable price point.
For more information on program participation, the company and its cards, visit http://www.GoCardUSA.com or call 617-742-5950.
# # #