(PRWEB) June 8, 2005
The Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence test (SEIÂ) provides a clear and practical assessment of eight key emotional intelligence (EQ) skills such as emotional literacy, self-management, and empathy. Focused on professional and personal development, the test includes extensive recommendations for learning and improvement.
For the first time, trainers, human resource professionals, coaches, counselors, educators, and researchers can learn to use the SEI. Test authors Massimiliano Ghini, MBA, and Joshua Freedman will host the training in Holland on June 16 and 17. Details are online at http://www.6seconds.org/training/sei.html
Freedman is a world leading authority on developing and applying emotional intelligence. Director of Programs for Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence Network, the preeminent international EQ advocacy organization, Freedman delivers transformational learning programs around the world.
Ghini is a professor of business at the University of Bologna and the President of Six Seconds Italia. He is the pioneering voice for emotional intelligence in Italy, bringing the concept to business and sports leaders.
The course follows the international NexusEQ Conference (http://www.NexusEQ.com), with delegates from over 30 nations meeting to share best practices in emotional intelligence.
The SEI was developed and researched in Europe and has been validated in North America and Asia. With over 100 test items, this self-correcting questionnaire is available online or on paper in English and Italian (other languages pending). The test measures eight fundamentals of EQ, including emotional literacy, emotional management, and empathy.
The SEI is the only test measuring the Six Seconds Model of Emotional Intelligence, a practical tool for living and leading more effectively. The model includes three dimensions:
- Know Yourself is increasing self-awareness. It helps people understand their own thoughts, feelings, and actions.
- Choose Yourself is building self-management and self-direction. It helps people follow their intentions and live more consciously.
- Give Yourself is aligning daily choices with a larger sense of purpose. It helps people increase wisdom to relate meaningfully with others, lead from the heart, and make the most of life.
Participants in the Certification training will learn to deliver, interpret, and debrief the SEI and to:
- Use a clear, actionable model for applying emotional intelligence.
- Present the SEI and the Six SecondsÂ model of EQ.
- Apply the SEI in coaching, development, and selection.
- Design an SEI PPDP (personal and professional development plan).
- Develop your own emotional intelligence.
Registration information is online at http://www.6seconds.org/training/sei.html
# # #