Fremont, CA (PRWEB) June 13, 2005
.com Solutions Inc. Releases FmPro Migrator 3.57 Enterprise Edition - New Release for MacOS X and Windows Adds Drag and Drop FileMaker 2 Migration Feature and Easier FileMaker 7 Table Consolidation.
.com Solutions Inc., a developer of multi-platform database migration and development tools, has released FmPro Migrator 3.57 with a new Drag and Drop interface for migrating FileMaker 2 database files on MacOS X and Windows.
The new Drag and Drop interface in FmPro Migrator 3.57 makes it possible to migrate previously unsupported FileMaker 2 database files to FileMaker 7 and other databases. This feature works quickly and identically on MacOS X and Windows because FmPro Migrator reads the FileMaker database structure information directly from the FileMaker binary files. Users can easily Drag and Drop one or more FileMaker 2 files onto FmPro Migrator, and each file will be processed within a few seconds. The FileMaker 7 table consolidation feature has also been significantly enhanced thru the use of FmPro Worksheet to send ODBC table creation SQL commands to FileMaker 7 on MacOS X and Windows. Enhancements to field naming also makes it easier to migrate calculation formulas to FileMaker 7 with minimal changes.
FmPro Migrator standardizes and automates FileMaker database migration procedures including data type matching, field to column renaming, table creation, FileMaker field size determination and data transfer for 8 different databases. Supported databases include MySQL, Oracle (8, 8i-9i, 10g), Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL, FrontBase and FileMaker 7.
FmPro Migrator New Features and Improvements include:
- Drag and Drop Migration of FileMaker 2 Files on MacOS X and Windows - The previously unsupported FileMaker 2 database file format is now supported via a Drag and Drop interface by FmPro Migrator. FileMaker 2 was not previously supported due to its lack of AppleScript and ODBC connectivity. Now FmPro Migrator reads the metadata directly from each FileMaker 2 binary file in order to instantly produce migration and documentation files within a few seconds.
- Value Lists Now Reported for FileMaker 2 Files - FileMaker 2 associates value lists directly with a field within the database file instead of being utilized globally by the entire database. These value lists are now incorporated within the report file generated by FmPro Migrator in order to speed FileMaker 7 migrations.
- Simplified FileMaker 7 Table Consolidation Process - FileMaker 7 table consolidations now utilize the recently update FmPro Worksheet software to automate the table creation process on MacOS X and Windows. This simplified procedure no longer requires the use of VirtualPC for migrations done on MacOS X and preserves most FileMaker field names without renaming.
- Enhanced Field Naming for FileMaker 7 Table Creation - Previously, FmPro Migrator would rename the fields in each FileMaker 7 table with SQL compliant column names. Spaces were replaced with underscore characters and special characters were removed during this renaming process. Now that FmPro Worksheet is used with FmPro Migrator, most FileMaker 7 table names are preserved in terms of capitalization, embedded spaces and special characters. Characters utilized in FileMaker 7 calculation formulas are automatically replaced along with trailing spaces and some FileMaker 7 reserved words. These enhancements to field naming make it easier to migrate calculation formulas to FileMaker 7 with minimal changes.
- Various Maintenance Fixes Included - FmPro Migrator 3.57 also includes a variety of maintenance fixes to report files and documentation. These fixes include improvements to the Access to FileMaker 7 migration process, calculation formula and Null/Unique field status improvements in report files, and updates to the migration instructions and troubleshooting tips for all databases.
- MacOS X and Windows Compatibility - FmPro Migrator runs on MacOS X and Windows, thus enabling developers to use their preferred platform for creating the migration scripts.
A functional demo version of FmPro Migrator may be downloaded from http://www.fmpromigrator.com/downloads/index.html. For more info please see: http://www.fmpromigrator.com/products/fmpro_migrator
About .com Solutions Inc.
.com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL and FrontBase developers. FmPro Migrator ( http://www.fmpromigrator.com ) migrates FileMaker databases to and from FileMaker. FmPro Worksheet sends SQL commands to FileMaker 7 databases. Installgen automates over 100 Oracle install procedures on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. Repgen generates Oracle replication scripts on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. For more information about .com Solutions Inc., please visit http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net.
# # #