Stamford, CT (PRWEB) June 17, 2005
The joys that summer brings Â barbecues, fireworks, camping and other outdoor activities Â also bring greater risks of fire, reports AP9 24ProtectPlus, a premier security program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC. Each year, more than 8,000 people are injured by fireworks and grill fires, with more than half of these injuries occurring during the first week of July.
Fourth of July celebrations can and should be festive events, provided that steps are taken to reduce the threats of barbecue grills and fireworks. AP9 24ProtectPlus members have access, via DealPass, to a variety of benefits that can help decrease these risks through home improvement measures and other precautions.
As a public service, AP9 24ProtectPlus offers a few tips to diminish the threat of some common fire risks:
- Let the professionals handle the fireworks. While fireworks are now available in grocery stores and other retail outlets, theyÂre still dangerous materials, so the safest way to enjoy them is to leave them to trained professionals.
- Use common sense. If youÂre going to light fireworks yourself, never do so indoors or near dry grass; always have a bucket of water and/or a fire extinguisher nearby; and keep fireworks away from your kids at all times.
- Treat your barbecue grill as a fire waiting to happen. Whether you use propane gas or coals, your grill is a fire hazard. Make sure your propane tank is working properly before you light the grill. If youÂre using a coal grill, never pour lighter fluid onto lit coals Â the flame can run up into the container and explode.
- Dispose of hot coals properly. Pour plenty of water over them, then stir them to make sure the fire is out. Never place hot coals in plastic, paper or wooden containers.
- Isolate your campfire. Make sure the fire canÂt spread to dry grass or dry leaves, and keep water and a shovel on hand to douse the fire when youÂre done. Never leave a campfire unattended.
- Practice fire safety measures. Make sure everyone knows how to Âstop, drop and rollÂ if a piece of clothing catches fire.
In addition to discounts on home safety and improvement needs, AP9 24ProtectPlus provides access to savings on legal and financial advice; medical records storage; and other family safeguards, including emergency roadside assistance and much more.
About AP9 24ProtectPlus
AP9 24ProtectPlus is a leading membership discount program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC. Headquartered in Stamford, Conn., Adaptive Marketing is a category leader in both membership and loyalty programs, bringing value direct to consumers through an array of benefits in healthcare, discounts, security, personal property and personals. Members may access their benefits at DealPass.com, an online portal for Adaptive Marketing membership programs. With broad online and offline distribution capabilities, Adaptive Marketing offers its corporate client partners effective tools to enhance market presence, strengthen customer affinity and generate additional value through programs, such as AP9 24ProtectPlus.
# # #