KISSIMMEE/ORLANDO, FL (PRWEB) June 20, 2005
This summer, families can celebrate the best of the Sunshine State Â under one roof Â by visiting the Best of Florida SummerFest at Gaylord Palms Resort. The indoor event features special weekend entertainment and activities July 2-Sept. 4.
Best of Florida SummerFest celebrates all that makes Florida greatÂ its legends, events, foods, landscapes and creatures.
Staged inside the resortÂs 4.5-acre glass-covered atrium, Best of Florida SummerFest is the only summer-long indoor events of its kind in the state. At SummerFest, guests can enjoy a slate of family-friendly entertainment, including:
ÂFlorid-AHH!Â an indoor laser show finale featuring a cast of live performers, including plundering pirates and amazing aerialists.
- ÂA1A Extreme! Urban Stunt Show,Â including hip-hop acrobatics, awesome in-line skaters, and spectacular stunts.
- ÂPIRACY! The Tales of Captain Driskull and Three Thirsty Pirates,Â a swashbuckling comedy performance like no other.
- ÂThe Great Key Largo Escape,Â featuring a breathtaking escapeÂ and one lucky goldfish.
- ÂThe Florida Follies Â A Zany Trip Across the Sunshine State,Â a comedy stage show featuring an amusing look at our great state.
- ÂÂBroadway of the BackwoodsÂ Talent Showcase,Â a heaping-helping of country music and bizarre backwoods antics, hosted by The Sawgrass Family.
ÂIn the heat of the summer, we know families appreciate an indoor activity,Â said John Caparella, general manager. ÂIn this regard, Best of Florida SummerFest uses our most extraordinary asset Â our resort atriums Â as the backdrop for a memorable family event.Â
Best of Florida SummerFest will feature activities around every corner, including:
- GatorlandÂs Camp Gator -- learn about alligators from Gatorland
- Animal Encounters Â including a new collection of FloridaÂs most unusual and celebrated fish, in the Key West Lagoon
- Florida Storytellers -- Gather to hear legends of Florida, from members of the Florida Storytelling Association
- Artisan Displays Â Visit artisans as they create their magic
- Sand Sculpture Displays Â See amazing sand sculptures created by award-winning artists
- Food, Rum, and Wine Tastings
- Seminars -- free sessions and tours on interesting topics, including gardening, cooking and spa
- Florida Showcase -- Displays and entertainment from FloridaÂs top attractions, including NASA, Daytona Speedway, Cypress Gardens, and Medieval Times.
- Kids Crafts
Best of Florida SummerFest family packages start at $209*, and include: Florida-view accommodations, Gourmet buffet breakfast daily at Villa de Flora (up to 2 adults and 2 children), Family snack, commemorative gift, 10 percent discount on purchases in restaurants, select shops, La Petite Academy Kids Station, and Canyon Ranch SpaClub. [Rate is per room, per night, based on two-night minimum stay, with up to two adults and two children 12 years of age and younger sharing the same room. Rate includes resort fee, but does not include applicable taxes. Valid on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights only from July 2-4 and July 16-Sept. 4, 2005]
Day admission to the SummerFest is $10 per carload, and includes parking and most events. Guests who dine at the resortÂs restaurant will have their entry fee validated.
For more reservations or more information, please call Gaylord Palms at (407) 586-4-FUN, or visit the Best of Florida SummerFest web site at http://www.gaylordpalms.com/summerfest.
About Gaylord Palms
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center has gained the attention of the meeting and convention industry by providing world-class convention and leisure-focused amenities Â all in one place. The award-winning Gaylord Palms is a Gaylord Hotels-branded property owned by Gaylord Entertainment (NYSE: GET), a leading hospitality and entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn. For more information, visit http://www.gaylordpalms.com or http://www.gaylordentertainment.com.
In A Nutshell:
Best of Florida SummerFest at Gaylord Palms Resort
Weekends, July 2 Â Sept. 4
$10 per carload, validated with meal purchase.
Weekend hotel packages available, starting at $209 per night.
When itÂs too hot to enjoy a day outdoors, families can celebrate the season at FloridaÂs only indoor summer-long event of its kind. Best of Florida SummerFest pays tribute to the best of the Sunshine State Â under one roof Â under the atriums of Gaylord Palms Resort. This family-friendly event features entertainment, animal encounters, music performances, kids crafts, food and wine samplings, storytelling, pirate tales, artisans, and a comedic illusion act. Every evening, guests can enjoy A1A Extreme Urban Stunt Show and Florid-AHH!, a unique indoor laser show finale featuring amazing acrobatics and aerial maneuvers.
For more news media information, please call Keith Salwoski,
public relations manager, (407) 586-0315. High-resolution media images are available at http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordpalms/press/gallery.cfm