Ceridian's comprehensive and flexible human resources outsourcing solutions make them an ideal company to team with on our integrated absence management tools
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) June 20, 2005
- Ceridian, a leader in managed human resource outsourcing solutions that maximize the value of people (http://www.myceridian.com), today announced a group of new and expanded products that will enable companies to better manage and administer their employee absence management processes.
Ceridian's absence management solution features an automated self-tracking solution as well as a full service outsourcing solution to track and manage all types of absences: Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) of 1993, state leave laws, employer authorized policies, vacation/paid time off and company attendance policies. Coordination of coverage for short-term disability (STD), long-term disability (LTD), workers' compensation and triage of cases for disease management are also available through the new Ceridian offering. The human resources outsourcing company will also provide ongoing consulting services to companies to help them design implement and integrate these tools into their company's human resources functions.
According to Ceridian, the benefits of its new absence management offering include:
- Administrative savings to administer leave and absence programs
- STD savings by helping to eliminate over utilization of benefits when not tracked concurrently with FMLA
- Workers' compensation savings by helping to eliminate over utilization of benefits when not tracked concurrently with FMLA
- Potential employment practices liability savings due to reduced risk of wrongful termination associated with non-compliance with federal/state leave plans
- Reduced risk and expense associated with employee complaints and Department of Labor investigations
- Reduced abuse of medical leave and casual absence policies
- Unique focus on prevention of absences and proactive management health or medical, work life and family and other issues that impact productivity
- Assistance with return to work processes, communication and training
A key feature of Ceridian's absence management tracking product is LeaveLink, an integrated absence management software product from Absentys that provides companies with one system to record and report employee absences. It tracks and administers family medical leave, state and employer authorized leaves, along with attendance policies and vacation plans within the system. A 100 percent Web-deployed product, it interacts with STD and workers' compensation administrators and tracks which absences should be classified as such. With all absence data in one system, businesses can easily create reports that have been difficult, if not impossible, to compile.
The Ceridian absence management tracking offering allows businesses to integrate employee information from their current Ceridian human resources, payroll and time and attendance products, as well as from other HR outsourcing vendors.
"Our customers will benefit from this highly automated offering, and at the same time see a measurable impact on employee satisfaction," said Jim Corcoran, president, Ceridian Benefits Services. "Businesses that implement this will save administrative time and reduce the errors that can occur with manual entries of this information in addition to better managing employee absences and health care costs."
"Ceridian's comprehensive and flexible human resources outsourcing solutions make them an ideal company to team with on our integrated absence management tools," said Gary Harbison, CEO of Absentys. "Their clients will rapidly see a significant return on investmentÂ¡Xand realize considerable improvement in productivity as, well."
Absentys is a highly specialized consulting and technology company dedicated to helping employers achieve the benefits of Integrated Absence Management. The company is privately held and based in Chattanooga, TN.
Ceridian is changing the world of work by enabling companies to be free to succeed in their core business through its suite of innovative managed human resource solutions that include payroll and compensation, staffing, compliance, HR administration and employee effectiveness. Ceridian Corporation (NYSE: CEN) is an information services company serving businesses and employees in the United States, Canada and Europe. For more information about Ceridian's comprehensive array of human resource solutions, visit http://www.myceridian.com or call (800) 729-7655.