(PRWEB) June 28, 2005
The event kicks-off on Monday, Sept 12, with an optional, half-day workshop focused on the pivotal issues you'll confront when designing and implementing your weight loss marketing and advertising initiatives. From US to international regulations, this workshop brings together some of the country's leading experts to help you understand the necessary guidelines for a positive and effective claims strategy designed to keep you from raising any regulatory red flags.
Day one of the event begins Tuesday, Sept 13 2005, with a review of the significant developments in obesity in the past year, and two keynote presentations and a product launch announcement at 12 noon of a major breakthrough in the development and the application of advanced food technologies. You'll hear from:
1. Lester Crawford, FDA Acting Commissioner
2. Lydia Parnes, Director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission
3. Ken Knopf, President, Quantum Food Design
From here, the event delves into up-to-the-minute coverage, strategies and all of the latest developments that impact the obesity and weight loss market. No matter who or what you think is responsible for the obesity epidemic in this country, it's a fact that this population represents a burgeoning new category that cannot be ignored.
Hear over 50 experts size-up the market for obesity and weight loss-related products...from food and beverages to pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals, this category presents an enormous, long-term opportunity for the savvy marketer with the right products.
Background - Nutraceuticals:
- Hear a top Wall Street food and nutrition analyst discuss the drivers, industry responses, emerging trends and opportunities for food, nutritional ingredient and nutraceutical companies in the obesity and health-driven food industry
- Explore how to best make sure your claims not only effectively promote your products but also don't increase your risks of regulatory/litigation exposure
- Hear the FTC highlight some of the issues brought out during their July 14 2005, workshop to help you better understand the health issue at hand and how you can examine ways to self-regulate and best promote competition of healthy foods and the dissemination of good information, so that consumers can make healthy food choices
- Hear the latest on Hoodia, with an update on the research, the patent situation, and present usage internationally, including risks and opportunities
Background - Pharmaceuticals:
- Who may be the first "out-of-the-gate" with a potential blockbuster?
- Which compounds no longer offer the promise they held last year?
- Nastech Pharmaceutical Company demonstrates the potential of their PYY3-36 peptide, along with the process and importance of securing a strategic co-development and co-promotion alliance in the field of obesity with major global pharmaceutical companies
- Hear DeveloGen AG review the development of DG70 kinase inhibitors and how they work
- What are the biggest potential roadblocks ahead?
- Which alliances and partnerships present the largest competitive threat and why?
Background - Food & Beverages:
- Hear how America's food and beverage companies are taking action to help consumers make smart choices about diet and exercise
- Hear how the obesity epidemic is going to dramatically change the way you will advertise to children
- Listen as Brand New Brands delves into the role of innovation in the functional food market, how the current market structure impedes innovation, and how the Brand New Brands model of partnerships between global companies and entrepreneurs can solve the problem.
- Hear what types of new food and beverage products consumers are demanding
- Learn how you position new weight loss products to those who are unhappy with their appearance
- Hear how the FDA's proposed food labeling changes may impact your marketing and advertising initiatives
- How do the flavor, form, and product preferences of the obese differ from others?
- Hear real case study examples of F&B companies that have changed their advertising models and positioning in the most effective way
This event offers the latest opportunities in the weight-loss category - whether business or scientific -- and cannot afford to be missed.
For a Complete Program Brochure, Registration or Sponsorship & Exhibition Information:
Call us at 203-319-1700. Call us at 877-319-1700.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Business Access, LLC
316 Pine Creek Ave
Fairfield CT USA 06824
203-292-3252 Direct Line
# # #