(PRWEB) June 27, 2005
Do you wish you could go to bed every night listening to the sound of wind rustling through trees or the gentle swish of the ocean surf? Unfortunately, modern life is busy and noisy, and it can be hard to switch off from all the sounds outside. Now, though, research has found a solution which can help you wind down and have a peaceful nights rest. One paper called it Âsimple, safe, cost effectiveÂ (Note 3).
White noise - a steady, monotonous stream of the same peaceful sound - can filter and mask distracting noises. It can calm you and help you relax. Try white noise to:
- mask disturbing sounds such as traffic, TV, snoring or noisy neighbours
- relieve insomnia, sleeplessness or restlessness and wake refreshed
- help you concentrate if you work in a noisy open plan office
- improve study skills, by blocking out distractions
- aid with treatment of dizziness, vertigo, colic and tinnitus
- calm pets disturbed by sudden noises.
What people say:
We live next to a busy road and right next to an airportÂ I play the soothing airconditioner CD every night on repeat- and I no longer get woken up by cars or air traffic. I used to suffer from insomnia- but not any more! Angie A, Bedforshire
I'd just like to compliment you on the sound quality and effectiveness of your white noise CDs, Distant Thunderstorm and Restful RainÂ are ideal listening while studying intently in a distracting environment and are perfectly relaxing in their own right. Really worthwhile purchase. Richard S, Dorset
Your wonderful babys vacuum CD has truly been a blessing for us. We play it each night and our daughter seems to love it. She has cried less and slept longer. Laurie B., Middlesex
Our White Noise CDs are carefully recorded, re-mixed and digitally mastered to create white noise at its finest. By playing our white noise on your CD player, youÂll have full control over the sound such as volume and tone to customize its benefits for your individual situation or mood. You can sample and buy these White Noise CDs from yourfavouriteshop.com with prices starting from Â11.99/Â£8.49
## Ends ## June 2005
1. For press enquiries, contact Antonia Chitty at ACPR 18 Spencer Mews London SW8 1HF Telephone: 020 7820 7768 Mobile :07900 580668 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. YourFavouriteShop.com184 Rathmines Rd Lwr - Suite 1Rathmines, Dublin 6 Ireland
3. Research into white noise:
Hawaii Med J. 2002 Sep;61(9):192, 213.Evidence based complementary intervention for insomnia. Lopez HH, Bracha AS, Bracha HS.
Increasing scientific evidence points to a non-pharmacological complementary treatment for insomnia: white noise. Its presentation has been shown to induce sleep in human neonates and adults, probably by reducing the signal-to-noise ratio of ambient sound. White noise may be a simple, safe, cost-effective alternative to hypnotic medication in many psychiatric disorders, especially acute stress disorder and PTSD.
Int Tinnitus J. 2004;10(2):150-5.Sequential sound therapy in tinnitus. Lopez-Gonzalez MA, Lopez-Fernandez R.
Benefits were found from white noise therapy for all patients in the study group.
# # #