Atlanta (PRWEB) June 29, 2005
Atlanta School of Massage and its division Atlanta Institute of Aesthetics, are continually on the look out for high caliber employees to add to their impressive team of Massage Therapy and Skin Care experts. The addition of Melony Phillips-Gorin will help to strengthen and add further depth to this exemplary team.
Melony has been active in her various roles with the AMTA Council of Schools and works tirelessly to improve processes and procedures which govern schools. Most recently, she was chairperson for a workgroup that was responsible for rewriting the code of Ethics for the Council of Schools so that it more accurately reflects the needs of all the schools governed by the code.
Melony has many years of experience as a practicing Massage Therapist, including working in a chiropractic office for two years. She has certifications in Swedish massage, Sports massage, Neuromuscular Therapy, Pre & Perinatal Massage and Massage for Mastectomy & Breast Reconstruction Therapy. She had the honor of working as a massage therapist for a Paralympic Multi-medalist for a period of six years.
Melony has a wide range of managerial experience from her years working for a Massage School. She was the Director of Admissions, Student Clinic coordinator, Swedish Massage Department Head and Teacher.
Melony’s comprehensive background in the field of massage therapy have prepared her well for the challenges that lie ahead for her as she takes on her new roles at Atlanta School of Massage. Atlanta School of Massage is proud to have Melony on its teaching staff and working as part of our outstanding admissions team.
About the Massage Therapy School, Atlanta School of Massage:
Atlanta School of Massage, a pioneer and international leader among massage therapy schools, is celebrating 25 successful years in the massage industry. In keeping with its pioneering tradition, its long history of accomplishments continues to grow:
- First Massage Therapy school to open in the state of Georgia
- First Massage Therapy school in Georgia to be Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT)
- Named a 2004 School of Distinction by the ACCSCT
- First Massage Therapy school in Georgia to be approved by the U.S. Department of Education to offer Title IV funding
- First to partner with Emory University on research into the beneficial effects of neuromuscular therapy on patients with Parkinson’s disease
- The first Massage Therapy school to open a skin care division, Atlanta Institute of Aesthetics
Atlanta School of Massage is located at 2 Dunwoody Park, Atlanta, GA 30338. For more information, call 1-888-276-6277 or visit atlantaschoolofmassage.com. For more information on its skin care division, Atlanta Institute of Aesthetics, visit atlantainstituteofaesthetics.com.
# # #