San Francisco, CA & Amsterdam, Netherlands (PRWEB) July 7, 2005
Outerspace Software (http://www.blufftitler.us) today announced the availability of BluffTitler DX9 version 3.0, the easiest way to add 3D text animations and effects to videos and photos. BluffTitler DX9 uses Microsoft's DirectX 9 technology and 3D hardware acceleration to create broadcast-quality, animated 3D titles in realtime Â results are shown instantly, without rendering. Animations can be played in realtime by the BluffTitler player and screensaver or exported to video and picture formats for use in videos, multimedia presentations and Web sites. BluffTitler is the ideal 3D titling and motion graphics tool for use with any video editing application including Adobe Premiere, Canopus EDIUS, Magix Video, Matrox, Microsoft Windows MovieMaker, Pinnacle Studio, Sony Vegas, Ulead VideoStudio and many others.
"The speed, affordability and ease-of-use of BluffTitler have made it a favorite with both video hobbyists and broadcast professionals alike," said Michiel den Outer, founder of Outerspace Software. "BluffTitler 3.0 adds many powerful, professional features while keeping the program fun and easy to use. With a price that's less than $50 US, BluffTitler 3.0 is one of the best values in video production software today."
BluffTitler makes it easy to create dazzling, animated 3D titles from any TrueType font with a wide variety of bevel styles and texturing options Â including high-resolution JPEG, BMP and PNG textures, animated MPEG and AVI movie textures and reflection mapping. Still or moving images can be imported as backgrounds, animated design elements or morphed into a variety of animated 3D shapes such as spheres, cubes, cylinders and donuts. Animated point, ambient and directional lights illuminate the scene. Any number of independent layers containing 3D text, video, pictures, particles and plasma effects can be created and animated independently.
In addition to its powerful text and graphic animation capabilities, BluffTitler's particle layer can be used to create special effects such as fire, explosions, smoke, fireworks, dripping ooze, rain and snow. Particles can be attached to 3D text objects so the effects appear to be emitted from the text itself. BluffTitler's plasma layer creates instant animated "eye candy" effects such as fractal clouds, bouncing lights and tunnels.
BluffTitler's simple, intuitive user interface lets even novices quickly create professional-quality titles with ease. Animation options include simulated physics for creating text that bounces, pumps, speeds up or slows down. The software even includes wild text effects such as hairy, spiked and exploding text. A special "VJ mode" allows BluffTitler to be controlled from a MIDI keyboard for live performance applications.
BluffTitler DX9 3.0 includes several major enhancements over previous versions, including:
- Improved performance: Optimized code results in ultra-smooth, realtime performance.
- Enhanced text handling options: New text rendering effects including 6 new "pixel font" effects. New text composition options including spiraling text, rolling text and text that balances on a virtual "string." Font size options allow for easier scaling of text. New texturing options include masking and additive reflection mapping.
- New 3D particle layer effects. Particle systems can now be created from 3D blobs (meta-balls), spheres and pipes. Pictures with alpha channel transparency are now supported as textures in the particle layer.
- Alpha channel support: BluffTitler can now be used as a sophisticated realtime compositing system. Text, picture and particle layers support alpha transparency for "see through" effects as well as "seamless" superimposition of layers on top of each other.
- New plasma effects: BluffTitler's "eye candy" plasma layers can now be attached to 3D text elements to easily create wild, animated textures. New plasma effects include plasma lines, circles, triangles, rectangles and rays.
- Advanced video export options: Field rendering allows videos to be exported in common interlaced video formats (such as NTSC and PAL DV) or in progressive scan (non-interlaced) formats. New "blur" and "scale" post-processing options help create smooth, anti-aliased final output.
- UFO layer: This fun new layer allows you to easily turn photos and videos into sensational "UFO sightings" using any of 16 different 3D UFO models.
- Passe-Partout layer: This new layer makes it easy to create a "vignette" or border area around animations.
Pricing and Availability
BluffTitler DX9 version 3.0 is available immediately and priced at just 39.95 Euro (less than $50 US). The new version is available as a free upgrade for registered users. During the month of July 2005, BluffTitler 3.0 is available at a special introductory price of just 30 Euros. To download the free demo or purchase the full version of BluffTitler online, visit http://www.blufftitler.us .
BluffTitler 3.0 System Requirements
- Intel Pentium compatible processor (Pentium III 800 MHz or better recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 98, 2000, Me or XP
- 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended)
- 25 MB available hard disk space
- Hardware accelerated 3D graphics card with hardware vertex shader support (NVIDIA GeForce 2 or better recommended)
- Microsoft DirectX 9 (available as a free download from Microsoft)
About Outerspace Software
Outerspace Software is a Dutch, Amsterdam-based software company that specializes in creating graphics software that is as powerful, intuitive and responsive as a musical instrument. The company was founded in 2003 by Michiel den Outer, to provide a platform for the release of BluffTitler DX9, the PC version of his Amiga shareware program NTitler Pro.
Note to editors: Review copies of BluffTitler DX9 version 3.0 are available. To request reviewer registration keys, please contact Keith R. Crosley via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keith R. Crosley
# # #