Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) July 13, 2005
US and European Prescription Generic Markets: An Examination of Commercial and Regulatory Contrasts (http://www.arrowheadpublishers.com/PrescriptionGenerics.html)
has just been released by Arrowhead Publishers. The US generics market was estimated at US$18.1 billion in 2004; the leading European generics markets together totalled between US$10ÂUS$11 billion for the same period. This new report asks why there is such a difference in value?
Contrasts in regulatory systems, legislative background and market characteristics increase the difficulties for companies from one area who are trying to enter another market. US and European Prescription Generic Markets reviews these divergent characteristics and also looks at those areas where the two sides are moving closer together.
One major finding that emerges from this analysis is the surprising absence of the majority of US domestic generic companies from overseas markets. The report contrasts this with the increasing presence of foreign generic companies in the US, looks at where these new competitors have come from and assesses how much of a threat they represent to the major US companies.
US and European Prescription Generic Markets provides an in-depth examination of:
- Successful generic growth strategies and how they vary
- Defensive tactics of the multinationals
- Generic industry growth prospects and possible threats
- A history of the generic markets
- The legislative and regulatory background
- How differences between the US and European markets have developed
- Who are the major players and how they rose to the top
Who should buy this report?
- Generic companies interested in understanding the opportunities and challenges in the American and European markets.
- Pharma/biotech companies with branded products in these markets, in order to identify threats and learn of defense strategies.
- For US companies considering a venture into Europe, it is an invaluable tool for formulating a suitable strategy.
- For European or other non-US companies that are looking at opportunities in the US, the report provides a concise summary of the legal, regulatory and commercial issues that they will need to address.
To view a complete table of contents for this report, please visit: http://www.arrowheadpublishers.com/PrescriptionGenerics.html
# # #