(PRWEB) July 18, 2005
A new business book by Stephanie Chandler, ÂThe Business Startup Checklist and Planning Guide: Seize Your Entrepreneurial Dreams!Â, is the first start-up guide to address the primary concerns that prevent would-be entrepreneurs from launching businesses.
According to a recent survey, a whopping 40% of American workers have considered starting a business but are held back by fear, funding concerns or a lack of a business plan or idea. ChandlerÂs book helps readers get past the fear of business ownership, decide on a business idea, formulate a plan, and locate funding.
In addition, "The Business Startup Checklist and Planning Guide" includes:
- A comprehensive startup checklist and planning exercises.
- Over 200 links and valuable resources including links to business license requirements for all fifty states.
- Profiles of successful entrepreneurs from the following industries: retail, specialty foods, online/internet, franchise, real estate, pet services, child care, virtual assistance, fitness, freelance writing, and personal coaching.
Chandler has already received endorsements from several influential people in the small business community:
- Jay Conrad Levinson, author of the ÂGuerrilla MarketingÂ series of books says the book, Â...Should be mandatory reading for entrepreneurs.Â
- Romanus Wolter, author of ÂKick-Start Your Dream BusinessÂ calls it, Â...A valuable small business guide for anyone who wants to achieve greater success.Â
- Barbara J. Winter, author of "Making a Living Without a Job" says, "...This is the kind of information I wish I had when I was starting out."
- Francie Ward Marks, CEO of Business Owners Idea Cafe says, "Definitely one of the most enjoyable how-to books I've seen--and I've seen many!"
After working for more than a decade in the Silicon Valley, Chandler was diagnosed with an ulcer just before her thirteenth birthday. She says, ÂIÂd had enough. The money was no longer worth it.Â She opened Book Lovers Bookstore in Sacramento in 2003 and later launched http://www.BusinessInfoGuide.com, a directory of resources for entrepreneurs.
The inspiration for the book and website grew out of ChandlerÂs frustration when launching her first business. ÂI read dozens of business books and yet I still had unanswered questions,Â said Chandler. ÂNot one of those books gave me all of the information and resources I needed so I spent countless hours figuring things out on my own.Â
The research that Chandler performed led her to a new passion: helping aspiring entrepreneurs make their own dreams come true. ÂSo many people said to me, ÂI wish I had the courage to do what you did.Â But fear wasnÂt an issue for me when I left my career behind because I was so well prepared to start my business.Â
Today Chandler serves as a business advisor for AllExperts.com, is an instructor for SmallBiz-Bootcamp.com, has published dozens of articles, and runs two successful businesses.
ÂLeaving corporate America was the best decision IÂve ever made,Â said Chandler. ÂI still work just as hard, but the difference is that I love going to work every day. I want to help others realize that starting a business doesnÂt have to be an impossible dream.Â
For more information about the book or to pre-order a copy, visit: http://www.BusinessInfoGuide.com/book.htm
Published by Aventine Press
Scheduled release date: 9/15/05
$15.95, 236 pages, ISBN: 1-59330-300-9