(PRWEB) July 20, 2005
SOHOware has announced a new feature upgrade to its BroadScanÂ Spam-Virus Firewall Appliances that adds intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS) capabilities. The additional intrusion scanning and alerting functions further solidify BroadScanÂ as an unprecedented value for Value-Added Resellers targeting small and medium business Internet security opportunities.
Dr. C.T. Wu, CEO of SOHOware, explains, ÂThe IDS/IPS system layers a scanning intrusion signature database with nearly 3000 attack signatures over the existing heuristics behavior analysis to optimize threat control and management.Â Dr. Wu went on to state that the system's response to attacks on Internet security range from logging the attack to blocking the attacker. Administrative management has the option to define Internet security alerting levels as necessary for efficiency, isolate traffic from higher risk sources, such as new users, for more intensive scrutiny, and individually assess each type of threat for its risk factor.
As an added convenience to their customers, SOHOware remains committed to supporting free Internet security signature updates to viruses, Spam, Spyware and now IDS/IPS. Ashok Kumar, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for SOHOware, said, ÂFree IDS/IPS updates considerably enhance the value proposition for VARs by remaining true to our 'no subscription fees' business model. Many VARs are telling us their frustrations with other Internet security appliance vendors who require separate subscriptions for virus, Spyware, intrusion protection and more. BroadScanÂ has none of that.Â
BroadScanÂ is the most efficient and value-conscious Internet security system for small to medium businesses on the market today. Benefits of using the BroadScanÂ Internet security system include:
- Combined protection with complete Spam, Virus, and Spyware filtering with SPI Firewall, IPSec VPN, AAA RADIUS, QoS, and WAN load balancing in three models designed for small and mid-size businesses (A fourth model targeting the mid-Enterprise is to be released this month)
- The industry's first subscription- and license-free business model that assures the best ROI for a UTM appliance
- The intrusion signature database is constantly expanded to reflect new Internet security threat patterns and is available for update on demand or by pre-defined schedule
- Free virus, Spam and Spyware updates for five years
The BroadScanÂ Internet security appliances include four models:
- The SCN200: a desktop 25 user gateway listing
- The SCN1000: a rack mount 200-user appliance listing
- The SCL2000: a 500-user appliance model that includes dual WAN load balancing
- The new SCL3000: a 1000-user appliance model that includes load balancing on 4 GigE WAN ports and adds outbound email scanning capabilities
SOHOware is releasing this $1,000 IDS/IPS Internet security software upgrade to SOHOware's Value-Added Reseller partners at no charge for a limited time. To take advantage of this offer, VARs should contact the SOHOware Partner Marketing team. For more information please visit http://www.sohoware.com.
SOHOware, a wireless LAN pioneer, provides secure wired and wireless networking solutions that conform to the OACISÂ open source architecture through a VAR-direct channel model to small and medium businesses. SOHOware solutions offer innovative, business-class features that combine the performance, ease of use, and affordability demanded by the growing small and medium businesses and distributed enterprise markets. SOHOware and BroadScanÂ are trademarks or registered trademarks of SOHOware, Inc.
# # #