(PRWEB) July 26, 2005
The World Obesity & Weight Loss Congress launches its second annual event with over 60 speakers in two days, within three, concurrent industry tracks. The first-ever B-to-B event will bring together all the major players for 2 1/2 days of intense scrutiny of this worldwide epidemic.
You'll hear the latest initiatives taking place in three of the biggest industries: Pharmaceuticals, Nutraceuticals & Dietary Supplements and Food & Beverages. Each track is targeted to strategic marketing and advertising initiatives, regulatory hurdles, international opportunities, powerful competitive collaborations and the latest in clinical studies and scientific advances being made today.
The event begins on Monday, Sept 12th, with an optional, half-day workshop focused on the pivotal issues you'll confront when designing and implementing your weight loss marketing and advertising initiatives.
The official Opening Sessions begin on Tuesday morning, Sept 13, 2005, with a review of the significant developments in obesity in the past year including:
Two keynote presentations and a product launch announcement at 12 noon of a major breakthrough in the development and application of advanced food technologies.
You'll hear from:
1. Lester Crawford, FDA Commissioner
2. Lydia Parnes, Director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission
3. Dr. Greg Robbins, Chief of Research, Formulation and Development, Quantum Food Design
From here, the event delves into up-to-the-minute coverage, strategies and all of the latest developments that impact the obesity and weight loss market.
MARKETING & ADVERTISING INITIATIVES
- How to effectively position new weight loss products
- Hear the FTC highlight some of the issues brought out during their upcoming ChildrenÂs Advertising workshop
- Nastech Pharmaceutical Company demonstrates the potential of their PYY3-36 peptide
- DeveloGen AG reviews the development of DG70 kinase inhibitors
- PeptimmuneÂs discusses their proprietary lipase inhibitor
- Hear how Monsanto is applying conventional breeding techniques to produce a soybean high in oleic acid
- Hear how the use of starch blockers, a specifically designed nutritional supplement, herbal treatment programs, and exercise can alter the progression to diabetes
- Hear about Nutrition 21Âs collaboration with the NIH
- Examine MetagenicÂs focus on the role that nutrigenomics
FINANCE & INVESTMENT
- Hear about the drivers, industry responses, emerging trends and opportunities for food, nutritional ingredient and nutraceutical
- Evaluate recent transactional activity, valuation and structural trends
- Uncover the biggest potential roadblocks ahead
- Hear the Director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection address obesity, including actions against deceptive claims for weight loss products, competitive enforcement and policy development
- Hear the Association of National Advertisers as they present the legislative and regulatory proposals affecting obesity in the U.S. and internationally
- Latham & Watkins will help companies identify and avoid potential litigation pitfalls and risks with popular new weight loss ingredients
- Hear an acclaimed obesity expert, demonstrate how you can scientifically validate and market health claims within the context of rising obesity
This event offers the latest opportunities in the weight-loss category - whether business or scientific -- and cannot afford to be missed.
For a Complete Program Brochure or to Register, please call us at 203-319-1700, or toll-free at 877-319-1700.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Business Access, LLC
316 Pine Creek Ave
Fairfield CT USA 06824
203-292-3252 Direct Line