Chicago, IL (PRWEB) July 25, 2005
A number of national business magazines have recently featured articles on how 50 and over corporate managers are finding their age to be a major deterrent to finding and holding a job. But according to Chicago-based business start-up expert, Jeff Williams, 50+ individuals who choose to launch their own businesses enjoy some real advantages over their younger counterparts.
WilliamsÂ new booklet, Â10 Tips To Have Fun & Make Money In Your Own 50+ BusinessÂ (free, http://www.bizstarters.com), includes a section on how prospective 50+ entrepreneurs should see their age not as a weakness, but as a great strength.
Williams highlights a number of entrepreneurial advantages people 50 and beyond enjoy:
- TheyÂve learned to be patient to let good things develop.
- They like to carefully research and conceptualize new ideas.
- They know where to find money and are disciplined in managing it.
- They know how to work well with a variety of people.
- TheyÂre clear on what they do and donÂt like.
- They know how to budget their time.
- They have a keen sense of good, and bad, customer service.
- They know what they are good at doing and have confidence when theyÂre doing it.
Jeff Williams is the founder of Chicago-based Bizstarters.com, through which he has presented business start-up training and coaching to thousands of new business owners. A fifty-plus business owner himself, Jeff specializes in showing his peers how to start a business that will inspire and reward them. He can be reached at email@example.com.
A free copy of his booklet is available by visiting http://www.bizstarters.com.
# # #