nation's most prestigious massage schools
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) July 27, 2005
Atlanta School of Massage is proud to have been named one of the "nation's most prestigious massage schools" in a recent article in USA Today's, USA Weekend magazine. The article highlights five important things that everyone should know about massage and explains how people in all walks of life are experiencing real benefits from massage therapy.
In the article, Mary Beth Braun, president of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), gives pointers on how to find a good massage therapist. She stresses the importance of verifying that your massage therapist has graduated from an accredited school, is a member of some professional organization and is licensed. She also recommends booking an appointment with a student at a reputable massage school, such as Atlanta School of Massage, because they offer excellent value for money.
Atlanta School of Massage fits the bill when looking for a massage therapy school, massage therapist, or clinic. The school offers an extensive curriculum, combining the most powerful massage techniques into one comprehensive program. The school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT) and prepares students to take the national certification examination for the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. The student clinic is open to the public and offers exceptional value on massage services.
About the Massage Therapy School Atlanta School of Massage:
The Atlanta School of Massage, a pioneer and international leader among massage therapy schools, is celebrating 25 successful years in the massage industry. In keeping with their pioneering tradition, they continue to grow their long history of accomplishments:
- First Massage Therapy school to open in the state of Georgia
- First Massage Therapy school in Georgia to be Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT)
- Named a 2004 School of Distinction by the ACCSCT
- First Massage Therapy school in Georgia to be approved by the US Department of Education to offer Title IV funding
- First to partner with Emory University on research into the beneficial effects of neuromuscular therapy on patients with Parkinson's disease
- The first Massage Therapy school in Georgia to open a skin care division, Atlanta Institute of Aesthetics
Atlanta School of Massage is located at 2 Dunwoody Park, Atlanta Georgia 30338. For more information, call 1-888-276-6277 or visit atlantaschoolofmassage.com. For more information on our skin care division, Atlanta Institute of Aesthetics, visit http://www.atlantainstituteofaesthetics.com
# # #