(PRWEB) July 28, 2005
In the chaos of clunky ftp utilities and confusing collaboration applications, Beehive Software has brought Order by merging secure file transfer with ANY email system. Beehive SoftwareÂs new BeeMail products transform your current email package into an industrial strength File Courier.
There has always been a desire to use email for sending files. Email is easy to use and email is nearly universal. Unfortunately, in the past, email was not suitable for this purpose because it could not handle the transfer of large files efficiently or reliably. BeeMail changes everything. Running in the background, BeeMail turbo-charges file transfers for ANY email system. BeeMail speeds the transfer with ÂOn-the-FlyÂ streaming compression, BeeMail secures the transmission with the Https-SSL secure protocol and BeeMail provides new control to the recipient who now can determine when they want to download the attachment. Above all else - BeeMail is simple, in fact, it is completely transparent to your current email application.
How does BeeMail Work?
1) The BeeMail Gateway separates the attachments from the email body and sends them to your Secure Storage location applying streaming file compression "On-the-Fly."
2) The BeeMail gateway appends a small html file to the message. This html file contains a link which will allow the recipient to access the attachments.
3) The message body, with the tiny html attachment, is handled by the standard outbound email server.
4) When the email is received by the recipient, they click on the attachment for download (as they normally would with any attachment). When the recipient clicks on the html attachment, his browser is launched with the BeeMail Java Applet loaded along with instructions for downloading the files.
5) The user selects which files they want to download from the browser download window.
6) The files are securely downloaded to the user's computer from Secure Storage and are auto-decompressed "On-the-Fly."
BeeMail can be configured as a single user or to support an enterprise email network. BeeMail is available as both a server-side gateway for workgroups and as an email add-on for individual users.
BeeMail for Workgroups - The BeeMail SMTP File Transfer Gateway
BeeMail is the first server-side product to enable standard email to function in the capacity of a secure, large file courier system, without any client add-on or extension. The BeeMail gateway provides the secure infrastructure required to move files of ANY size. The BeeMail gateway runs completely in the background and has no user interface. The BeeMail Gateway is a server-side email (SMTP) preprocessor.
BeeMail for Individual Users - The BeeMail Single User Email Extension
BeeMail is also available as a single user extension for Windows or Macintosh e-mail clients that allows users to securely transfer files of ANY size as attachments. Beehive supports any email client using SMTP as the sending protocol, such as Eudora, Outlook, Outlook Express, Notes etc. BeeMail for Individual users is a background SMTP proxy.
Beehive (including its private label versions) is widely installed in the printing, prepress, banking, medical imaging, insurance, manufacturing and newspaper industries with over 1500 site licenses and over 100,000 end users.
Contact: Mark Bennett, President
P.O. Box 29527
Bellingham, WA 98228
# # #