(PRWEB) July 28, 2005
TransitionsAbroad.com, the online portal which has developed from the magazine founded in 1977 by Dr. Clayton A. Hubbs to cover work, study, travel and living abroad, is proud to launch a new online Travel Writing section.
Tim Leffel, the Travel Writing section editor, has collected indispensable inside information from professional travel writers, with key resources and web sites to help inform and inspire prospective travel writers as they seek to find outlets for the publication of their work.
ÂThe addition of a section on narrative travel writing is an important extension of the mission of Transitions Abroad; that is to inspire as well as educate independent travelersÂ according to Dr. Clayton A. Hubbs.
The new section of the TransitionsAbroad.com site includes the following topics and resources:
- A new moderated Travel Writing Forum (forum.transitionsabroad.com) where travel writers may discuss the issues involved in getting their work published while sharing experiences of the process and their work.
- Articles on the art and craft of travel writing selected from Transitions Abroad Magazine and TransitionsAbroad.com, including essays by Rolf Potts and Rick Steves.
- Interviews with professional travel writers on travel writing from Transitions Abroad and links to selected interviews of interest across the Web.
- Professional travel writersÂ Top Ten Travel Book list selections, compiled by Michael Shapiro, Jim Benning, Ayun Halliday, Rolf Potts, and Ron Mader.
- Reviews of new travel writing books from Michael Shapiro and Don George.
- General book publishing and marketing resources complete with links for travel writers.
- General travel writing advice, marketing advice and jobs, complete with links, for travel writers.
- Travel writer organizations.
- Travel writing resources and web sites, including the best blogs on the subject.
- Sample travel magazine and Ezine guidelines, categorized and with complete links, for those prospective travel writers or freelancers seeking outlets.
- WritersÂ Guidelines for Transitions Abroad Magazine.
- Guidelines for a new Travel Writing contest hosted by TransitionsAbroad.com with an emphasis on narrative travel writing.
Tim Leffel, who will also serve as the Travel Writing Forum Moderator, is host of an award-winning travel blog (blogs.booklocker.com/travel/), author of a book on the WorldÂs Cheapest Travel Destinations, and a long-time Transitions Abroad Magazine contributor whose numerous travel articles may be read at Transitionsabroad.com.
Transitions Abroad is a planning guide for cultural immersion travel. Founded by Clay Hubbs in 1977 to provide practical information on educational travel abroad, Transitions Abroad remains the leading magazine and web site for independent travelers who want to extend their time abroad through work, study, or low-cost travel.
To learn more about the new Travel Writing Section visit http://www.transitionsabroad.com.
# # #