Virginia Beach, VA (PRWEB) August 2, 2005 -
My Vitamin Guide (MVG), an online review of vitamins, supplements, herbal remedies and alternative medicine, announced today it has added an enhanced menopause section to its website. Found online at http://www.MyVitaminGuide.com, MVG provides consumers free information on vitamins and supplements as well as resources, news, advice, and content from medical professionals on more than 650 health concerns and illnesses.
ÂWeÂre pleased to offer women who are experiencing early menopause symptoms, or who have entered into menopause, sensible self-care solutions that include natural treatments,Â said MVG CEO Sam Knoll. ÂBy providing information in a clear and easy-to-use way, we are helping women make informed decisions about how to alleviate menopause symptoms based on common sense and sound experience.Â
The MVG menopause section, found at http://www.MyVitaminGuide.com/public/602.cfm offers a checklist rating the effectiveness of nutritional supplements and herbs to help treat menopause symptoms, helpful dietary and lifestyle changes, and several recommended natural health treatments.
Soy and black cohosh received the highest ratings on the checklist of natural treatments, and progesterone, red clover, and sage together with alfalfa, were ranked second.
My Vitamin GuideÂs menopause section recommends that women who are experiencing menopausal symptoms should focus on self-care, including these first steps:
- Eat soy and flaxseed Â women should introduce foods high in phytoestrogens, such as flaxseed, tofu, soy milk, tempeh and roasted soy nuts, into their diet
- Control symptoms with isoflavones -- supplements containing at least 80 to 100 mg a day of isoflavones from soy or red clover may help control symptoms
- Cool down with black cohosh -- women should take 20 mg of a concentrated extract twice a day for relief from hot flashes
- Find relief with exercise -- even light aerobic activities can help reduce menopausal symptoms
- Quit smoking -- smokers are more likely to experience hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms
About MyVitaminGuide.com (MVG)
MVG provides articles and reviews on vitamins, supplements, herbal remedies, and alternative health therapies. MVG was founded by Sam Knoll, a vitamin industry veteran and author of the e-book, How to Buy Vitamins. All information is available to the public at http://www.MyVitaminGuide.com
Be Great! Marketing, LLC
# # #