(PRWEB) August 18, 2005
The new multimedia Hair Transplant Network at http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com is published by and for hair loss sufferers to help each other find the very best hair transplant physicians. Today most hair loss sufferers can restore their hair for a lifetime with hair transplant surgery. But the skill, experience, and talent of hair transplant surgeons vary widely, as do the end results. Given that the results will last a lifetime, it is vital that patients choose their hair transplant physician very carefully.
This Hair Transplant Network encourages potential patients to consider the following issues when researching a hair transplant physician:
- Does the hair transplant physician take a holistic approach to hair restoration? Your physician should help you evaluate all your options, surgical and non surgical.
- Have they made the investment in time and resources to do large sessions of micro follicular unit hair transplantation? Doing outstanding work requires a staff dedicated and trained to use high-powered magnification with the capability of producing more than 2,000 carefully trimmed grafts per surgical session.
Choose a hair restoration clinic that is patient focused rather than commercially focused. Some clinics emphasize revenue, speed and volume rather than dedicating the time and individual care needed to produce optimal results. These commercial operations typically rely on heavy advertising rather than satisfied patient or doctor referrals.
- Is hair restoration the primary focus of their practice? Outstanding results require a physician and a full staff who perform hair transplant surgery on a regular basis. Doing hair restoration as a sideline, along with other cosmetic procedures, may hinder their ability to do large sessions of highly refined follicular unit transplantation.
- How many patients has this physician produced excellent results for? Like any skill, experience over time is critical to acquiring the skill and judgment required to produce excellent results.
- Can the hair transplant physician provide at least a dozen sets of detailed patient before and after photographs? Do they also have patients who are willing to speak with you and meet with you in person?
In addition to in-depth written content the Hair Transplant Network also provides educational animations, videos and a very active hair restoration discussion forum.
Many patients participate in this discussion forum and post their experiences and photos. Potential hair transplant patients can use this discussion forum to check out a physician's reputation by searching for posts about a particular surgeon. To research a particular hair transplant surgeon, visitors simply click on the "Find" button and enter the doctor's last name. They will then get all posts about this particular hair transplant physician going back over four years.
In addition to the Hair Transplant Network at http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com there are two other excellent hair restoration Web communities that help patients find prescreened quality hair transplant surgeons. These include the Hair Loss Learning Center at http://www.HairLossLearningCenter.org and the Hair Restoration Network at http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com.
# # #