San Diego, CA (PRWEB) August 20, 2005
According to ItÂs Just Lunch, the premier dating service for busy professionals, with over 80 locations worldwide, these are the top ten must knows for first dates based on a survey on 7,814 singles.
1. If youÂre a picky eaterÂ order something you know youÂll like. Sending back food or modifying something is obnoxious.
2. Talking about how great you are is superÂ for a job interview. Ask questions, but stay away from salary, weight and exÂs.
3. Be kind to your waiter or waitress. Be generous and add at least a 20% tip.
4. Chewing gum may be great for fresh breathÂbut the smacking will pop the flow of any good conversation, so donÂt blow it. Have a Tic Tac instead.
5. Create a business card just for your social lifeÂitÂs a great way to express your creativity without giving out all of your professional information.
6. Most definitely turn your cell phone ringer off. They came to talk to you, not to listen to you talk to someone else.
7. Ailments and current health issues should be saved for a later date.
8. Everyone seems so busy these days, but be careful. You may seem so busy that the other person thinks you have no time for a relationship.
9. Leave work at work.
10. Actually be a good listener. If youÂre doing all the talking, youÂre not on a date; youÂre on stage giving a speech.
About ItÂs Just Lunch
Since ItÂs Just Lunch was founded in 1991, the company has arranged millions of fun, first date lunches or drinks after workÂan atmosphere where singles can feel comfortable with the process of meeting a new person. With over 80 locations worldwide, each day IJL arranges hundreds of fun, first dates over lunch or drinks after work at over 1,100 restaurants. With many introductions leading to second dates, ItÂs Just Lunch is the worldÂs leading first date authority.
The U.S. dating industry is estimated at nearly $1.5 billion, and growing at 25% annually, with 110 million single adults in the United States alone.
For additional information, log on to http://www.itsjustlunch.com
# # #