Toccoa, GA (PRWEB) August 22, 2005
RadioSoft, a leading provider of radio propagation and spectrum management solutions announced today that RadioCompassÂ®, the industry's first browser-based mapping solution is now available.
RadioCompass Online Maps allows users to create maps utilizing FCC station data and choose map characteristics including layers for detailed map features. Subscribers can store maps, retrieve and revise them as many times as needed with updated data.
Customers who need mapping capabilities, but donÂt require the sophistication and complexity of a radio propagation and geospatial information system such as RadioSoft's ComStudyÂ® application will benefit most from Online Maps.
"There are many organizations that have only one or two frequencies they're concerned with and for them, traditional propagation solutions provide a lot of horsepower they never have a need for," says Peter Moncure, RadioSoft founder and chief technology officer. "RadioCompass Online Maps finally gives them a solution thatÂs easily accessible, affordable and customized to their specific frequency management needs."
Major RadioCompass Online Maps features include the ability to:
- Search FCC databases for location coordinates, height, power and frequency
- Create and modify new station data
- Overlay features such as roads, county lines, city and town names, terrain, population density, or land use
- Adjust predicted field strength method
- Specify receive antenna height above ground level for mobiles, portables or ground based towers
- Choose matrix map extents
- Change field strength units
- Customize field strength color tables
- Create radio path profiles with the most up-to-date terrain data and field strength cross-plotted against terrain
Basic contour, shadow depth/loss and Longley Rice propagation maps are available. Fees start at $35 and customers can purchase maps with major credit cards through the RadioSoft online store available at http://www.radiosoft.com.
For 20 years, RadioSoft has been the trusted provider of radio communications and spectrum mapping software for broadcast and land-mobile users around the world. RadioSoft combines state of the art technologies and award-winning customer service to provide a total solution for spectrum mining, frequency coverage, service area mapping, FCC forms management and ongoing frequency regulation. More than 2,000 customers worldwide rely on RadioSoft for their spectrum management needs. For more information, visit http://www.radiosoft.com.
8910 Dicks Hill Pkwy.
Toccoa, GA 30577
# # #