(PRWEB) August 22, 2005
NuonSoft has released Wallpaper Cycler 184.108.40.206, an easy to use, yet powerful desktop wallpaper manager/changer to get rid of that boring static wallpaper on your desktop. You can change the wallpaper with a specific delay or at specific times or both. Wallpapers are easily managed in multi-level categories which can have time constraints. For example: a category can be defined for wallpapers that will only be used in the summer. Categories can be linked to folders on your hard disk to automatically detect new wallpapers. A lot of attention has been given to the performance of Wallpaper Cycler. As a result, Wallpaper Cycler allows you to manage tens of thousands of wallpapers without slowing down.
Wallpaper Cycler goes much further than most other wallpaper cyclers. The powerful layout feature allows you to create your own custom layouts to be used on your desktop. Layouts enable you to show an unlimited combination of the following objects on your desktop which can be freely placed anywhere on your desktop: calendars, quotes, notes, webcams, other wallpapers, calendar notes objects and news (RSS) headlines. You can even add an object multiple times on the desktop, each with their own settings. Any combination of effects (blur, brightness, color-tone, mask, texturize) can be applied to each individual object. The effects system can be extended with 3rd party effects DLLs with the aid of the effects SDK.
Wallpaper Cycler includes an advanced random choice algorithm, can monitor your CPU load when it wants to cycle, has several types of tiling modes, can automatically calculate a suitable desktop background color, can make the icons transparent on your desktop or hide them completely, supports system wide hotkeys, has shell integration and much much more.
The new version also includes a screen saver module which shows a slide show of all your wallpapers with 40+ transition effects.
Wallpaper Cycler has three types of wallpapers: image, gradient and URL. URL wallpapers allow you to add webcams to your desktop. Wallpaper Cycler 3.0 supports much more image formats than previous versions, such as JPG, JPE, BMP, DIB, RLE, TIF, PNG, TGA, ICB, VDA, VST, JP2 (JPEG2000), JPC, PCX, DCX, PNM, PGM, PBM, PPM, RAS, ICO, ANI, EMF, WMF and GIF.
Wallpaper Cycler 220.127.116.11 has a lot of new features and bug-fixes. New features include:
- support for rendering RSS news items on your desktop
- add calendar notes bars to your desktop
- much improved quality with image scaling especially for shrinking images
- screen saver module with 40+ transition effects
- support for EXIF data of images
- option to prevent cycling during screen saving or locked desktop
- much better looking OSD (On Screen Display)
- synchronize the time with an internet time server
- support for GIF files
- default settings for newly added wallpapers
- automatically detect and add new wallpapers to your categories
- new options for transparency effect: several merge modes: normal, subtract, add, multiply, divide, difference, screen
- includes presets and a wizard to quickly start creating your own layouts
- added a thumbnail preview to the "Add Wallpaper Image" dialog
Please visit http://www.nuonsoft.com/wallpapercycler/ for more information.
# # #