(PRWEB) August 28, 2005
From January to June 2005, Dining Downunder conducted a global survey on hotel cuisine promotions which was completed by over 650 in the hotel and restaurant industry.
The survey was developed to identify the challenges for hotels in hosting cuisine promotions and to allow hotels to evaluate future promotions and distinguish the profitability of a particular event.
Guest chefs are commonly invited to host hotel promotions around the world. However many promotions are still seen as significant cost centres and run for public relations rather than as for what they should be - serious revenue generators and opportunities to train the kitchen brigade in specific cuisine offerings.
The survey addressed 14 key areas;
1. How often does your property run cuisine promotions?
2. Why run a cuisine promotion?
3. What cuisine is the most popular?
4. Do you feature a guest chef for cuisine promotions?
5. Is the reputation or celebrity status of the guest chef important?
6. Average length of a hotel cuisine promotion?
7. Does your hotel try to gain sponsorship for cuisine promotions?
8. Do sponsors feel that they got value for their investment?
9. Average budget for each cuisine promotion in US Dollars?
10. For what market segment is the cuisine promotion predominantly focused?
11. How many room nights does a cuisine promotion typically generate?
12. What factors contributed to your least successful promotion(s)?
13. Have your cuisine promotions been increasingly successful?
14. What do you feel makes a cuisine promotion successful?
The results were very surprising and paint a realistic picture of the industry today and also direct readers to think outside the square to attract attendees to future promotions and look at what opportunities they offer potential guests.
The hotel cuisine promotions survey results can be downloaded from;
For more information about Dining Downunder's Australian Cuisine Promotions visit
Subscribe to the get the latest news, contests, recipes, native food ideas and events from Dining Downunder simply visit http://www.dining-downunder.com/enrol.asp
Dining Downunder An Australian Cooking Show
The series has come about from a joint venture between Australian wild food devotee turned Executive Producer, Vic Cherikoff ( http://www.cherikoff.net ) and Canadian TV Producer, Grant Patterson. Vic hosts the show supported by chefs, Benjamin Christie ( http://www.benjaminchristie.com ) and Mark McCluskey, who all appreciate that Australian tourism and trade is a lot more than just 'Come on over and meet an Aussie' but a fusion of quality products, the unique twist of Australian flavors and great culinary experiences in memorable places. After all, you haven't been there until you've eaten the food.