Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) August 30, 2005
Jimmy Au's for Men 5'8" and Under (http://www.jimmyaus.com) today announced from the MAGIC Marketplace in Las Vegas, Nevada that Jimmy Au's will open the largest designer short men's clothing store in the United States. The new store will open in November of 2005 in Beverly Hills, California in the city's Golden Triangle as the specialty clothier celebrates its 30th anniversary of being in the short men's clothing business. In addition to its national distinction, the grand opening of the 3200 square foot store represents a number of firsts for the prestigious community including being the first-ever designer short men's clothing store in Beverly Hills.
The new Beverly Hills location will also offer the following:
- The widest range of sizes for short men: 37 sizes in suits/sport coats, 16 sizes in pants, 22 sizes in shirts, 7 sizes in sportswear (2XS-2XL). (Most specialty or department stores carry only 3 to 10 sizes for shorter men.).
- The largest leather collection for short men including Remy, Kenneth Cole, Bod & Christensen, and Jimmy Au's own designs.
- Sweaters from Lenor Romano and Jimmy Au's own private label.
- The first shoe collection starting at a size 5 featuring Alden shoes.
- The smallest adult men's sizes in suits, sport coats, dress pants, casual pants, dress shirts, sport shirts, sportswear, knits, and socks (not counting dwarf sizes).
- The only tailored clothing collection for men under 5'5" by Jack Victor, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, DKNY and Kenneth Cole in the world.
- The finest made-to-measure custom order program available to men under 5'5" featuring over 800 fabrics from some of the finest mills in the world including Ermenegildo Zegna, Loro Piana, Barberis, Scabal, Dormeiul and Angelico.
- Valet service via the store's rear entrance.
"For 30 years, Jimmy Au's has strived to make a difference in the lives of shorter men by providing them with the same fashion opportunities and designer style choices as their taller counterparts," said Alan Au, Marketing Director for Jimmy Au's. "Men 5'8" and under know all too well the pain and difficulty of finding smaller sizes. Most have long been relegated to wearing ill-fitting, modified fashions designed for the larger man, making them actually appear shorter than they really are. As we celebrate our 30th anniversary of being in the short men's clothing business, Jimmy Au's looks forward to carrying on our excellent tradition of providing quality services and clothing to an even wider audience."
In addition to the grand opening of its new location, Jimmy Au's also announced the planned launch of its online designer fashion catalog available 24/7 this holiday season at http://www.jimmyaus.com.
- JA will offer the following sizes: 34 Extra Short- 48 Extra Short for men under 5'5" including odd sizes to 43; 34 Short- 50 Short for men 5'5" to 5'8" including odd sizes to 43; 42 Portly Short- 52 Portly Short for men 5'5" to 5'8"; 42 Portly Extra Short- 48 Portly Extra Short; and Athletic Short and Extra Short sizes by special order.
- Jimmy Au's has outfitted stars for major film and television projects including "Be Cool," "Bewitched," "Collateral," "Alias," "The West Wing," "ER," "Just Shoot Me," "Spin City," "X-Files," "Married with Children," "The Surreal Life" and "Six Feet Under."
- Jimmy Au's has wardrobed numerous celebrities in many fields, including Danny DeVito (TV/film), Dick Clark (TV/radio), Paul Williams (music), Scott Hamilton (sports), Bart Connor (sports), David Cassidy (music/TV), Danny Bonaduce (radio/TV), Flava Flav (music/TV), D.L. Hughley (TV/film), Michael J. Fox (TV/film), Joel Grey (TV/stage), Mel Brooks (film/stage), Nathan Lane (film/stage), Martin Sheen (TV/film) and Mark Wahlberg (film).
- Jimmy Au's offers custom tailoring on all items purchased in the store including hard-to-find sizes in designer brands that are not offered in major department stores.
- For more information on Jimmy Au's For Men 5'8" and Under call toll-free 1-877-Jimmy Au or visit http://www.jimmyaus.com.
For additional information or to interview Jimmy or Alan Au contact:
T: 310 300 0950 x232
T: 310 300 0950 x234
# # #