Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) September 6, 2005
MÃK Technologies, the world's leading supplier of distributed simulation software, announced the release of VR-Exchange, a "Universal Translator" for distributed simulation. VR-Exchange allows users to link together simulations using different HLA (High Level Architecture) RTIs (Run Time Infrastructure), different FOMs (Federation Object Model), and different protocols. Before VR-Exchange, HLA exercises needed to agree to use the same FOM and RTI in order to communicate.
The VR-Exchange architecture consists of a protocol-independent Data Exchange, and a Broker for each supported protocol. Each Broker runs as a separate process, and trades data with the other Brokers through the Data Exchange -- a shared memory interface. Currently, VR-Exchange includes Brokers for HLA 1.3 and IEEE 1516. VR-Exchange's open architecture means that users can also develop custom Brokers for their own protocols.
"VR-Exchange offers federation designers much more flexibility in their overall system architecture," said Len Granowetter, MÃK's director of product development. "Different sites are no longer are forced to agree on a single FOM or RTI, and can instead be connected using a 'Federation of Federations' design. VR-Exchange's open architecture also enables C4I-to-Simulation interoperability."
MÃK leads the industry in simulation interoperability solutions. The company develops commercial-off-the-shelf tools and toolkits that link simulations via the international standard HLA and DIS networking protocols. MÃK's staff is also actively involved in developing these standards, and provides interoperability consulting and integration services.
MÃK's interoperability products include:
- VR-LinkÂ® Â The best-selling networking toolkit for linking military simulations through both the HLA and DIS standards.
- MÃK RTI Â An RTI is a key component of the HLA networking architecture. The verified and fully compliant MÃK RTI has been chosen as the backbone of major simulation programs. The MÃK RTI is consistently proven in third party studies to be the most efficient RTI available.
- MÃK Gateway - Allows legacy DIS simulations to participate in an HLA exercise, bridging the two network architectures.
- MÃK HLA/DIS Toolbox Â Provides MATLABÂ® and SimulinkÂ® users the ability to network their simulations via HLA and DIS.
- MÃK Game-Link Â An HLA interface to the Unreal gaming engine.
Pricing and Availability
VR-Exchange is available August 31, 2005 for WindowsÂ®. For pricing or more information, please contact the MÃK sales department at info @ mak.com or at 617.876.8085 x2.
About MÃK Technologies
MÃK Technologies develops software to link, simulate and visualize the virtual world.
We create tools and toolkits for distributed simulations, develop PC-based military
tactical trainers, craft custom solutions, and research and develop the latest simulation technologies. We build commercial off the shelf simulation software that is flexible, portable and supported. Whether you choose our best-selling networking toolkit, VR-Link or our computer generated forces toolkit, VR-Forces, you have purchased a product backed by the industry's leading distributed simulation experts. Our worldwide customers include ITT Industries, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Tenix, Dassault and BAE. Please call 617.876.8085 or visit http://www.mak.com for more information.
Michelene K. St. Amand
P: 617.876.8085 x144
# # #