Burlington, MA (PRWEB) September 8, 2005
From the beginning project manager who wants a good foundation to the experienced project manager who wants a refresher course, IHRIMÂs ÂEssentials for Successful Project ManagementÂ fits the bill.
Scheduled for September 14 in Boston, October 5 in Ft. Lauderdale, and October 6 in Dallas, this course provides attendees with an understanding of the overall project management process and their roles in the process. Any HR or HR information technology professional requiring a sound knowledge of project management will benefit from this course.
This one-day course focuses on the skills, tools and techniques that project managers or project team members should know to effectively define, plan and manage projects and project assignments.
This course content covers:
- Project planning, including stakeholder analysis, domains of change, communications, and work breakdown structure;
- Project management approaches, and how to select the approach best suited to your project type, needs, and constraints;
- Assembling the project team and defining roles and responsibilities;
- Team building, covering team dynamics and barriers to teamwork;
- Project management skills, the key competencies and traits for success;
- Estimation and justification, including cost/benefit analysis and risk assessment;
- Project scheduling and control, tracking methods, the use of project management software, progress reporting, meetings, and final post-completion audit; and,
- Teaching methodology: Mix of lecture, class interaction and class assignments.
For the Boston course, register at http://www.ihrim.org/events/hrms/0905_Boston.asp; for the Ft. Lauderdale course register at http://www.ihrim.org/events/hrms/1005_FtLauderdale.asp; and for the Dallas course you can register at http://www.ihrim.org/events/hrms/1005_Dallas.asp. The courses will be held at Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Broward Community College and The First American Corporation, respectively.
The International Association for Human Resource Information Management has served the professionals of the HR systems and technology community for 25 years. Its mission is to be the leading global source of knowledge for the application of human resource information and technology to improve organizational effectiveness. For details about the association and its products and services, please visit http://www.ihrim.org.
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.