Orlando, FL (PRWEB) September 13, 2005
Voxeo Corporation, the leading provider of standards-based Interactive Voice Response (IVR) platforms and hosting, and Skype, the Global Internet Communications CompanyÂ, today announced a partnership that will connect Skype callers and Skype Credit accounts to enhanced voice services running on Voxeo's VoiceCenter Hosted IVR Voice Application Platforms through Skype's Voice Services Program.
The new program will benefit both Skype's 52+ million users and Voxeo's 14,000+ customers, developers, and partners. As a result of the partnership:
- Voxeo's customers, developers and partners - who create voice services applications on the Voxeo VoiceCenter platform - can connect with and optionally collect revenue from Skype users.
- Skype callers can use their Skype Credit account to pay for access to VoiceCenter applications - such as interactive games, celebrity content, business connectivity services, and personal communications solutions.
- Skype callers can also access free applications on the VoiceCenter platform.
- Voxeo VoiceCenter technology lets these applications provide features including automated prompting, multi-language voice recognition and text-to-voice synthesis, call conferencing, call recording, call center integration, voice/web application integration, and more.
- Voxeo developers can now use Voxeo's free Evolution developer program - located at http://evolution.voxeo.com - and the free Skype software to quickly and easily create their own custom voice applications.
"Skype has driven a revolution in personal communications by popularizing free Internet phone calls. We are committed to opening the endless possibilities for voice by creating a marketplace for our thriving ecosystem of partners and developers to make it easy for their innovative services to be available to our millions of callers worldwide," said Niklas ZennstrÃ¶m, CEO and Co-founder of Skype. "We challenge the world's most creative content providers to work with us and our partners such as Voxeo to develop these new and exciting forms of Internet voice services."
"Voxeo created the first open, simple, standards-based Internet/Voice application platform in 1999, and we're extending our leadership in this market by integrating and partnering with Skype," said Jonathan Taylor, CEO of Voxeo. "When combined, Skype software and the Voxeo platform enable entirely new kinds of voice services - services that can provide value to callers and developers alike, without the limitations and concessions that come with traditional telecom companies, vendors, and networks."
Voxeo / Skype connectivity is available immediately. Skype callers and Voxeo customers can find more information on using Skype and Voxeo together at http://evolution.voxeo.com/skype
Voxeo Corporation is the leading provider of standards-based, hosted, and customer premise IVR solutions. These solutions extend versatile IP and XML technologies to make it easy to create, deploy, and maintain the widest variety of telephony applications. Voxeo customers, VARs, resellers, and channel partners leverage these solutions to enhance customer care, reduce costs, and generate new sources of revenue. For more information, visit http://www.voxeo.com, or call +1 (407) 418-1800.
About Skype Technologies S.A.
Skype, the Global Internet Communications CompanyÂ, allows people everywhere to make free, unlimited, superior quality voice calls via its award-winning innovative peer-to-peer software for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Pocket PC platforms. Skype is available in 27 languages and is the fastest growing voice communications offering worldwide. Since its launch in August 2003, Skype has been downloaded more than 160 million times in 225 countries and territories. Over 52 million people registered to use Skype's free services, with over 3 million simultaneous users. Skype has more than 2 million premium customers, with over 12 billion minutes served. Skype Technologies S.A. is headquartered in Luxembourg and is growing its offices in London and Tallinn. Skype Technologies is privately held and backed by top tier international venture capital firms, including Bessemer Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Index Ventures, and Mangrove Capital Partners. http://www.skype.com
# # #