Aurora, ON (PRWEB) September 15, 2005
HR.comÂ, (http://www.hr.com) the largest research and Web destination for HR professionals, today released an extensive Leadership Training Resources Guide which is available for free download for a limited time only to all members of HR.com. Hard copies may be obtained for just $69.95 until September 22, 2005. (Offer extends for Premier members.)
Debbie McGrath, CEO of HR.com, says, ÂThis report is designed to help you assess your leadership training needs and inform you of 187 formal leadership training programs that are available to help build great leaders at all levels in your organization.Â
This 377-page document, authored by Karen Elmhirst, Senior Research Analyst for Leadership and Learning at HR.com, contains four distinct sections. Section I includes a brief look at leadership philosophies and some principles for success. Section II looks at the role of performance support systems and transfer management systems to ensure application of new skills and behaviors back on the job. Section III profiles 28 leading leadership-training vendors and 187 of their leadership training programs. Vendors include top business school Executive Education offerings, large corporate training vendors and some small leadership training boutiques. Section IV of this guide provides a series of tables, helping you to easily identify these leadership-training programs by their primary leadership competency and by the management level(s) for which each program was designed. Listings in the tables are then cross-referenced
to summary information on the vendor and program in question.
Author Karen Elmhirst says, ÂClearly, leadership training is just one component of an effective leadership development program. Through appropriate assessment, planning, execution and follow-through, formal leadership training can be enormously effective. I have yet to see a resource guide to help HR professionals wade through the plethora of options available to them through vendors. This guide is designed to assist our members in knowing what is available and how leadership training needs to be effectively integrated into the organization for it to realize a positive return.Â
We focused only on vendors headquartered in the United States; however, we have identified the languages and countries in which each solution is offered.
- The vendors profiled in this Guide include:
- American Management Association (AMA)
- Balance Learning LLC
- Berkeley Center for Executive Development
- Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)
- Darden Executive Education, University of Virginia
- Development Dimensions International, Inc. (DDI)
- Duke Corporate Education
- Executive Development Associates, Inc. (EDA)
- Franklin Covey Co.
- The Gallup Organization
- Gordon Training International
- Harvard Business School Publishing (HBSP)
- Interaction Associates, Inc.
- Ken Blanchard Companies
- Kenan-Flagler Business School Executive Education, UNC
- Learning Technologies, Inc. (LTI)
- Lee Hecht Harrison Leadership Consulting (LHH)
- Mercer Delta Consulting, LLC
- Ninth House, Inc.
- Results-Based Leadership (RBL)
- Senn-Delaney Leadership Consulting Group
- Stanford Graduate School of Business Executive Education
- Thunderbird, The Garvin School of International Management Executive Education
- Tuck Executive Education at Dartmouth
- UCLA Anderson School Office of Executive Education Programs
- University of Chicago Graduate School of Business Executive Education
- Zenger Folkman Company
Access and Pricing:
To obtain your copy (soft or hard) of the Leadership Training Resources Guide, visit HR.com's store at HR.com Leadership Guide
Free download and the special promotional price of $69.95 per hard copy will be available to all HR.com members (Guest, Premier and Corporate) until September 22, 2005. After this time, Guest members will have access to the download of the guide for $150, or to a hard copy of the guide for $199 per copy.
About HR.com Limited
Established in 1999, HR.com Limited is in business to help build great companies by connecting them to the knowledge and resources they need to effectively manage the people side of business. As the global authority, we deliver HR Best Practices to help organizations build great companies through community, collaboration, research, shared best practices, and measurements. HR.com is funded by the leading venture capital firm Ventures West and through private investors.
Debbie McGrath, President
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
# # #