Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) September 22, 2005
Big Nerd Ranch, Inc., leading organization for cutting edge courses in programming and systems administration, announced today the introduction of its newest class, Ruby on Rails Bootcamp for December 5-9, 2005. Ruby on Rails has quickly become popular in the web development community for its elegant and succinct code and for its rapid application development. Developers, web designers and project managers who need to create robust database-driven web applications will find the Ruby on Rails Bootcamp perfectly suited to their needs. The intensive five-day course, taught by Ruby on Rails core team member, Marcel Molina Jr., offers comprehensive instruction in Ruby and the power of Rails.
The five day course includes:
- A crash course in the Ruby language
- Installation and setup of a new Rails application and deployment of existing ones with an automated release manager
- Rails key components (Active Record, ActionPack, ActionMailer, Active Support and Action WebService)
- Processing requests, application layering and decoupling with Model-View Controller
- Agile development methodology
- Understanding layouts, partials, and views as well as ERB templates
- Using Test Driven Functionality, application debugging, and building helper methods to streamline templates and eliminating duplication
- Making applications available as a web service
- Performance tuning and deployment issues
While the nature of Ruby on Rails is intuitive and deceptively simple, it is recommended that students attending the Ruby on Rails Bootcamp have some background with HTML and some prior level of experience with scripting languages or OOP.
For the complete syllabus, please visit http://www.bignerdranch.com/classes/ruby.shtml
Marcel Molina, Jr. is a member of the Ruby on Rails core development team and has been working with and on the framework since its initial public release. He is the co-author of the upcoming Pragmatic Rails Recipes, published by the Pragmatic Programmers, who also brought you Programming Ruby and Agile Web Development with Rails. Along with fellow Rails core developer, Sam Stephenson, he is co-founder of Ionist,http://ioni.st which provides Ruby on Rails application development, consulting and training.
The Big Nerd Ranch incorporates intensive training classes for Unix and Mac OS X programmers in a retreat setting outside Atlanta, GA. Class price of $3500 includes lodging, all meals, original instruction materials, 24-hour lab access, and transportation to and from the Atlanta airport. Students are encouraged to bring independent projects to class, allowing for input from classmates and individual instructor attention. For more information, call 678-595-6773 or visit http://www.bignerdranch.com.
Big Nerd Ranch, Inc.
# # #