Warren, RI (PRWEB) September 21, 2005
MarketingSherpa, a research firm publishing Case Studies and benchmark data for marketers and advertisers, has released results data from its second annual Search Marketing Survey at:
Some results highlights:
- 43% of paid search advertisers rated PPC ads as "highly effective", a stunning 9-point jump from 2004.
- 59% of B-to-B marketers revealed they plan to increase their SEO (optimization) budgets for 2006.
- 89% of marketers rated landing page copy tests as a highly effective search marketing test tactic. Dayparting and local search advertising received lowest marks for test campaign effectiveness.
- Optimization campaigns conducted by specialist agencies and SEO consultants helped client site traffic rise 110%; in-house SEO campaigns conducted by marketers themselves only created average 38% traffic increases.
- Keyword PPC campaigns grew by 90% -- in September 2004 the average surveyed PPC advertiser ran campaigns for 9,100 keywords. By September 2005, that average exploded to 17,314 keywords.
3,271 search marketers actively participated in the survey conducted July 2005. They revealed their search costs, conversion rates, and anticipated 2006 SEM budgets. An executive summary of results featuring six new tables of useful data is available at
Complete data including 210 charts and tables on every aspect of search marketing is available at
About MarketingSherpa, Inc.
MarketingSherpa is a research firm publishing a wide range of Benchmark Guides, Buyer's Guides, and How-to Reports plus a 400+ Case Study Library. Praised by The Economist, Harvard Business School's Working Knowledge Site, and Entrepreneur.com, more than 173,000 advertising, marketing and PR professionals read MarketingSherpa's publications every week. Visit the award-winning site http://www.MarketingSherpa.com.
# # #