(PRWEB) October 8, 2005
PRWEB) October 8, 2005 -- With international terrorism rearing its ugly head yet again, travelers are unnerved at the prospect of going away. Another set of terrorist attacks in the island of Bali have put a damper on many travel plans. Sadly, terrorism has become a world-wide concern, but there are options available to help travelers protect themselves and their families. Travel insurance offers a refund of your trip cost in case of a terrorist act in the city that is part of your itinerary.
When it comes to terrorism insurance, there are three main coverages that insure a safe trip: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
- Insurance companies offer protection up to 100% of your trip cost under coverage of Trip Cancellation, if you need to cancel your trip in case of terrorism. Coverage starts at midnight from your purchase date and covers you up to your date of departure. Travelers should keep in mind that there are many other valid reasons that exist for canceling a trip.
- Trip Interruption covers you in the event your trip gets interrupted and you are forced to head back home prematurely. Up to 150% of your total trip cost is protected since unscheduled flights are more expensive than scheduled ones.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance, often known as AD&D, offers coverage in case of an accidental death. Coverage begins at $10,000 and can go up to $1 million.
Visit http://www.totaltravelinsurance.com/terrorism-insurance.asp for more detailed information.
Alex Velinov, President of Total Travel Insurance, says, “Since 9/11, we have been feeling a little safer domestically. Traveling internationally has been another story. Areas that are frequently visited by Americans such as Europe, Israel and parts of Asia had a string of terrorism attacks. Although, travel insurance is not a perfect solution, several options are available. Insurance will reimburse your trip investment in case of your travels were disrupted or provide medical treatment and evacuation in case you get injured. We even found a company that will insure your life while traveling to world’s hot sports including Afghanistan, Iraq and Israel.”
Total Travel Insurance is the only company that keeps its customers informed of latest developments in travel insurance:
- Information about all major travel insurance companies can be found here http://www.totaltravelinsurance.com/travel-insurance-company-list.asp
- Airline and cruise lines that are nearing bankruptcy, and are not covered can be found here http://www.totaltravelinsurance.com/bankruptcy-insurance.asp
- Latest developments regarding inclement weather affecting coverage can be found here http://www.totaltravelinsurance.com/hurricane.asp
About Total Travel Insurance
Total Travel Insurance (http://www.totaltravelinsurance.com) is a New York-based travel insurance agency. We are licensed to sell travel insurance, flight accident, life insurance, evacuation and health insurance products.
45 Park Terrace W, Ste 3-G
New York, NY 10034
Toll Free: (866) 226-7500
Fax: (240) 363-8438
Web site: http://www.totaltravelinsurance.com
# # #