Minneapolis, Minnesota, (PRWEB) October 13, 2005
The Angel Animals Network (AAN) is sponsoring a worldwide 2005 Angel Horses Contest to collect true stories about horses who have performed acts of compassion, protection, healing, courage, or have been part of a miraculous or mystical experience. This contest was created to honor the beneficial relationships between humans and horses. One grand prize of $250 will be awarded to the first-place winning contestant. A second-place prize of $25.00 will be awarded to 5 contestants. Ten stories will be chosen as honorable mentions. There is no entry fee. Entries will be judged by a panel of authors and advocates who work for the welfare of animals. Submissions must be postmarked on or by December 15, 2005 to be eligible. E-mail story and entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 952-925-4729 or post-mail to Angel Animals Network, P.O. Box 26354, Minneapolis, MN 55426.
When writing a story for the Angel Horses Contest, contestants can ask themselves the following questions:
- Have you had a mystical, miraculous, or spiritual experience with a horse?
- Are there spiritual qualities -- unconditional love, hope, kindness, compassion, patience, joy, gratitude -- that horses have either taught or brought out in you?
- Has a horse made you feel loved, accepted, or grateful?
- Has your relationship with a horse been a catalyst for healing?
- Have you felt a spiritual connection that showed you that horses are sentient?
- Have you had the impression that a horse was meant to be in your life at a certain time for a special purpose?
- Have horses helped when you were suffering or protected you from danger?
- Did it seem that a horse chose you as much as you chose him or her?
- How has a relationship with a horse changed your views about others or yourself?
- Has the example of a horse caused you to face your fears and demons and become a better friend, spouse, parent, or family member?
- How have you learned to serve people and animals better or pursue a greater good by observing and listening to horses?
- Have you seen a horse in a dream and received a message?
- Has a horse been a mirror to your life, health, or attitudes by reflecting them back to you?
- Has a horse communicated with you after death?
- Has the soul of a horse returned to be with you again as another horse or another animal?
In 1996, Allen and Linda Anderson co-founded the Angel Animals Network and its free online "Angel Animals Story of the Week" at http://www.angelanimals.net. They are authors of a successful series of books about the beneficial relationships between humans and animals. Their recent releases are "Angel Dogs, Divine Messengers of Love," an anthology of inspiring stories about courageous and loyal dogs with a foreword by Willard Scott, and "Rainbows & Bridges: An Animal Companion Memorial Kit," to aid individuals and families dealing with pet loss.