Yardley, PA (PRWEB) October 19, 2005
How many times have you heard reports of doors being opened or meaningful objects falling off the wall just as someone was thinking about a lost loved one? Maybe it has happened to you but you don’t want to tell anybody because you’re afraid they will think you are crazy.
Recent poll reveals that 42 percent of American adults believe they have had contact with someone who has died. But how and why do these extraordinary occurrences happen?
“A spirit often remains close to the physical beings he or she loved while alive,” says Susan Apollon, author of Touched By The Extraordinary: An Intuitive Psychologist Shares Insights, Lessons, and True Stories of Spirit and Love to Transform and Heal the Soul. “Many times, they attempt to communicate, especially around the holidays, anniversaries or when help is needed.”
A psychologist, psychotherapist teacher and healer, Apollon has spent almost twenty years treating children and adults who have been diagnosed with cancer or other life-threatening illnesses. She is also a frequent speaker at workshops and support groups. Her book, Touched By The Extraordinary, blends recent research on remarkable phenomena with supportive anecdotes in order to help others develop their own intuitive gifts.
Here Apollon shares five ways your deceased loved ones may be trying to communicate:
1. Telepathically. Similar to messages being sent from one radio to another by means of radio waves, this is one of the most common means of communication.
2. Visions. Visions may occur during both the conscious and unconscious states. They can stand alone or may be part of other extraordinary moments.
3. Dreams. While psychological dreams address emotional issues you’re dealing with, psychic dreams may involve visions of deceased ones or of future life experience.
4. A “Presence.” Your lost loved one may appear in physical form or as a non-physical form that seems to precipitate from another dimension.
5. Electrical, Olfactory and Auditory Means. Lights may be flickered on and off to get your attention, or there are those who communicate through the scent of a familiar cologne, perfume or flower. Some may actually speak with an audible voice.
If one of these experiences occurs to you, don’t be frightened or question your sanity! Instead, embrace the message from your loved one and let it comfort you as you continue to heal. Get the FREE report “5 Signs You’ve Experienced Life After Death” at
Touched by the Extraordinary: An Intuitive Psychologist Shares Insights, Lessons, and True Stories of Spirit and Love to Transform and Heal the Soul
Matters of the Soul