New York, NY (PRWEB) October 18, 2005 –-
Reed Business Information Scientific Computing announces the Ground-Breaking LIExpo 2005 (http://www.liexpo.com) - an online conference & exhibition about laboratory informatics, Live Oct 19, 2005. The event is organized by RBI Science Group and sponsored by Agilent Technologies, Applied Biosystems and STARLiMS.
The LIExpo is an educational event designed to address the issues and newest applications and technologies that are impacting laboratory informatics. The event encompasses an educational conference, an interactive virtual exhibit hall, live interaction with speakers and solution providers, plus free downloads of white papers and presentations.
This free online event features an expanded conference agenda features more than 10 technical presentations, panel discussions, and a captivating keynote address from today's leading experts. Critical issues outlined in the conference agenda include:
- Practical Approaches to Electronic R&D
- Data Interchange Protocols
- Global Standardization and Integration of Lab Informatics Systems - Pitfalls and Successes
- Integrating Algorithmic Intelligence into the Laboratory
- Technical and Cultural Challenges in Integrating LIMS into a Multi-geographical Environment
- Emerging Trends in Electronic R&D
- Keith J. Caserta, Senior Director R&D IT, Procter & Gamble
- Stuart J. Chalk, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Chemistry, Department of Chemistry and Physics, University of North Florida
- Michael H. Elliot, President, Atrium Research
- Maren Fiege, Ph.D., SDMS Product Manager, Waters Informatics
- Randy C. Hice, President, Laboratory Expertise Center
- Hongmei Huang, Ph.D., Manager of Workflow Automation and Data Management, F.Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- John R. Joyce, Ph.D., LIMS Manager, Commonwealth of Virginia, Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services
- Robert J. Lancashire, Ph.D., Professor of Computational Chemistry, University of the West Indies at Mona
- Richard A. Larsen, Ph.D., ASTM E13.03 Committee Chair
- Gloria Mark, Ph.D., Associate Professor, UC
- Mahesh Merchant, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Laboratory Informatics Graduate Program, Indiana University
- Stuart M. Miller, M.Sc., Practice Director, LIMS & Lab Informatics, Taratec Development Corp.
- Dr. A. Neal Watkins, Ph.D., Analytical Chemist, Advanced Sensing and Optical Measurement Branch, NASA Langley Research Center
- James Watson, Systems Analyst / LIMS Team Leader, Eastman Chemical Company
- William L. Weaver, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Integrated Science Business and Technology Program La Salle University
- Michelle Ann Whitehead, Technical Manager, Computer Validation & Automation Integration, Schering Plough
Event sponsors include:
Agilent (NYSE: A) provides one of the most extensive informatics portfolios available today for the study of genomics and proteomics. Agilent delivers the right informatics solution for your research challenges, helping you to extract more meaningful data for better discoveries.
Applied Biosystems (NYSE:ABI) has demonstrated its position as a technology leader and driving force in the changing dynamics of the life science marketplace. The Applied Biosystems business is focused on the following markets: basic research, commercial research (pharmaceutical and biotechnology) and standardized testing, including forensic human identification, paternity testing and food testing.
As a leading global Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) vendor, STARLIMS Corporation delivers cost effective, easy-to-use collaborative solutions to organizations in the public health, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, forensics, food & beverage, environmental and chemical industries. Full featured and highly flexible our multilingual LIMS solution provides complete traceability leading to regulatory compliance, without compromising process versatility.
- Accusoft - provider of technology used in commercial imaging and data visualization applications.
- Systat Software Inc. (SSI) – provider of specialized scientific software products and services for the environment sciences, life sciences, behavioral sciences, medical research and engineering.
- Symyx Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMMX) - develops and applies high-throughput research and informatics technologies to increase R&D productivity.
- LabWare, Inc. – provider of mission-critical Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and instrument interfacing software.
- MDL - provides informatics, database and workflow solutions that accelerate successful life sciences R&D by improving the speed and quality of scientists’ decision making.
More Information about this Free Online Event:
Register Free Now:
# # #