Sacramento (PRWEB) October 24, 2005
Veterans, Military Families, Service Providers, and Supporters from across Northern California will be participating in a March and Rally to support Veterans Benefits at the California State Capitol on October 29th. The rally has been organized as a non-partisan statement of support for America’s more than 25 million veterans, their families, and the service providers who care for them. Veterans Leaders from across California will speak about the myriad of challenges currently faced by veterans nationwide -- including healthcare, housing, employment, family support, and mental health. The rally will focus on the need to de-politicize VA Healthcare Funding, protect and improve VA Benefit programs, address service gaps and barriers to care, improve outreach, and the need for all Americans -- government, non-profit service providers, families, businesses, and communities alike -- to take responsibility for ensuring that “no veteran is left behind.”
WHO/INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES: Numerous Veterans Leaders, Service Providers, Military Families, and Supporters. Speakers Include:
Rep. Pete McCloskey (Retired)
- Col. Jim Cook, USMC Ret.
- Lt Col. Charles Brown, USAF Ret.
- Ken Holybee, State President, Vietnam Veterans of America
- Representative of VFW Dept. of CA
- Roger Scovill, AmVets of California
- Gary Ross, American Legion Department of CA
- Jesse Garcia, Blind Veterans Association
- Greg McNeil, Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 500
- Ben Fewell, Director, Vietnam Veterans of California Homeless Programs, Eureka
- Todd Stenhouse, National Veterans Foundation
WHAT: MARCH/RALLY TO SUPPORT VETERANS BENEFITS
WHERE: STATE CAPITOL, SACRAMENTO (NORTH STEPS)
WHEN: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 9:30 a.m.-11:30a.m.
MARCH STARTS AT 9:30, RALLY/PROGRAM 10:00-11:30
# # #