Businesses are increasingly aware that email can be a landmine for risk, whether for legal reasons, corporate governance, or regulatory compliance
San Diego (PRWEB) November 1, 2005
Fortiva Inc., a provider of managed email archiving services, today announced the addition of several new features to the Fortiva Suite™ at the Microsoft® Exchange Connections Show. These product enhancements -- which include improved integration with Active Directory and Outlook, importing of PST files, and the ability to establish internal controls for email -- are designed to help businesses reduce their exposure to risk while saving time and improving productivity.
In addition to helping meet regulations that focus on internal controls such as Sarbanes-Oxley and Basel II, Fortiva’s new features can improve business efficiencies and provide insight into everyday business activities. By setting up supervision workflow processes within Fortiva, email that meets specific criteria can be automatically identified and flagged for review by a subject matter expert, rather than a general compliance reviewer. As a result, businesses can track adherence with department-specific processes or policies. For example, if the head of sales is required to approve all customer discounts, Fortiva can flag any email from the sales team with the word ‘discount’ for review by that individual. In the same way, any violation of a sexual harassment policy would be flagged for review by HR.
“Businesses are increasingly aware that email can be a landmine for risk, whether for legal reasons, corporate governance, or regulatory compliance,” said Rick Dales, Product Manager of Fortiva. “By establishing and enforcing internal controls for email with Fortiva, businesses can significantly reduce operational risk while unlocking new potential from their email archives. And since Fortiva manages the storage requirements and integrates directly with the customer’s infrastructure, we’re making it easy for businesses to archive email and reduce that risk in a matter of days, without bringing on additional IT staff.”
The new features in the Fortiva Suite for email archiving include:
Supervision of Policy Violations by Subject Matter Experts
- By automatically enabling subject matter experts to review correspondence that meets ‘flagged’ criteria, businesses can implement and enforce workflow processes and improve insight into problem areas.
Searching of Archives from Microsoft Outlook
- With seamless access to archived email from a folder within Outlook, end-users can conduct real-time searches of their email including attachments, saving time and improving productivity.
Automated Synchronization with Active Directory Groups
- Automated Active Directory synchronization saves IT time and effort by allowing Fortiva to automatically recognize and reflect changes to Active Directory groups or directories. As a result, the administrator does not have to maintain two different sets of user groups.
Importing of PST Files
- PST file importing enables businesses to centralize the storage of all email, so data is in one place for easy e-discovery in the event of litigation. Importing of PST files to the archive can also reduce file server storage requirements for IT.
Highlighting of Keyword Violations
- With keyword highlighting, businesses can easily identify policy violations and reduce the time required to review messages.
The Fortiva Suite is available now.
About Fortiva Inc.
Fortiva is a leading provider of managed email archiving solutions for regulatory compliance, legal discovery and email storage management needs. With its outsourced solution, Fortiva is helping businesses across North America to quickly and easily meet email archiving needs without risking data security. Using proprietary DoubleBlind Encryption™ technology, Fortiva stores all data offsite in encrypted form, so Fortiva staff can never access the content of archived data. The customer retains exclusive access to the encryption keys, allowing them to instantly search and retrieve archived data without worrying about managing the storage infrastructure. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada and with offices across the United States, Fortiva delivers its customer-driven solutions through a strong network of strategic partnerships as well as a direct sales force. Fortiva is a privately-owned company, with investment from Cargill Ventures, McLean Watson Capital and Ventures West. For more information, visit http://www.fortiva.com.
For more information:
416.368.8348 ext. 267
1.866.366.3668 ext. 383
# # #