Hayward, CA (PRWEB) November 3, 2005
Vorpalware, a software development group focused on mobility solutions for business, today announced its new PlantLog paperless inspection software has been selected as a finalist in the 2005 Plant Engineering Product of the Year contest. The contest showcases "quality, innovative products" introduced to the marketplace within the past year.
The PlantLog solution is used to replace traditional paper and hand written inspection systems by using rugged barcode enabled PDA’s that identify equipment and present the operator with a list of readings to take in a clear and concise manner while ensuring readings are taken within normal operational thresholds. Engineers can then view a component’s complete history with just a few mouse clicks, filter the inspections by a given date range, generate graphical charts and reports or export the data as a standard spreadsheet for sharing with external parties or regulatory agencies.
The PlantLog product includes the following capabilities:
· Automatic equipment identification through barcode labels scanned from PDA
· Date, time and operators name are automatically attached to each inspection record
· Optional notes can be entered for each inspection.
· Warnings alert operator when a reading was taken outside of optimal ranges.
· Readings outside of optimal ranges are automatically displayed in red when viewing historical data
· User permissions feature to designate who can edit the inspection dataset, view historical data or perform actual inspections.
· Networked environment to allow multiple users to view inspection data
· Print out historical inspection data or export to Microsoft Excel
· Filter historical data by any given date range
· Create and memorize graphical charts for data analysis
· Quickly find all instances of a given value for an individual reading
Vorpalware provides PlantLog as a complete turn key solution that includes all PDA hardware, barcode labels, software and installation support. No other external dependences are required including database servers and reporting tools, which are integrated in the PlantLog software.
Pricing and Availability
The PlantLog solution is immediately available direct from Vorpalware and is licensed on a ‘per site’ basis. Licenses are $5,695 for commercial users and $4,556 for non profit and government entities, plus the cost of PDA terminals at ~$800 each.
Multi license discounts are available as well as an evaluation package by request.
For additional information visit: http://www.vorpalware.com/plantlog
Vorpalware is a privately held software development group established in March of 2001. Its primary focus has been business mobility solutions and consulting services to the mobile/PDA industry. Vorpalware is headquartered in Hayward California (Silicon Valley) and can be reached at +1 (510) 785-6680 or http://www.vorpalware.com
# # #