Encinitas, CA (PRWEB) November 4, 2005
Nixon (http://www.nixonnow.com), the southern California based premium accessories company, will for the second year in a row, release a limited collection of one-of-a-kind watches made from celebrity leather jackets, pants and guitar straps. The proceeds from this highly unique collection will benefit the MusiCares MAP Fund.
Each watch will be hand etched on the back of the band with the name of the artist, individually numbered and come in premium wooden boxes with a certificate of authenticity from Nixon and MusiCares.
Confirmed celebrity leathers included in this collection include Ozzy Osbourne, Jeff Buckley, Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dave Navarro, professional skateboarders Danny Way and Tony Hawk, Slash and Scott Weiland of Velvet Revolver, Chris Cornell of Audioslave, Kirk Hammett of Metallica, Ian Watkins and Jamie Oliver of Lost Prophets, Stephen Perkins of Janes Addiction, Peter Frampton, professional snowboarder Todd Richards and Tom
Dumont of No Doubt to name drop just a few.
Watches created for this collection include: gto, duke, rocker, dictator, duchess.
Artist donated items:
- Ozzy Osbourne black leather pants
- Chris Cornell of Audioslave’s old brown leather jacket, complete with fan love note in pocket.
- Jeff Buckley, Jeff’s mother donated his black leather jacket.
- Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers, old black trench coat.
- Tony Hawk, professional skateboarder, green leather jacket.
- Jack Johnson, 2 canvas guitar straps.
- Slash of Velvet Revolver, black leather jacket complete with tobbaco filled pockets.
- Scott Weiland of Velvet Revolver, black leather jacket.
- Tom Dumont of No Doubt, 2 brown leather guitar straps.
- Danny Way, professional skateboarder, 8 used pairs of his custom skateboard shoes.
- Kirk Hammett of Metallica, black leather guitar strap.
- Dave Navarro, white guitar strap w/ gold monogram and black leather guitar strap.
- Gigi Rüf, professional snowboarder, green leather jacket, complete with personal spray paint graffiti.
- Steve Earle, 2 leather guitar straps with his name stamped into them.
- Todd Richards, professional snowboarder, tan suede pants.
- Stephen Perkins of Janes Addiction, black studded belts.
- White Buffalo, guitar straps with embroidered details.
- Renee Reneee, brown leather jacket with personal artwork paintings.
- Travis Pastrana, MotoX race leathers.
- Ian Watkins of Lost Prophets, old red leather jacket.
- Jamie Oliver of Lost Prophets, old black jacket.
- Peter Frampton, blue leather pants.
- Mathias Färm of Millencolin, black leather jacket.
- Erik Ohlsson of Millencolin, black leather jacket.
- J.P. Solberg, professional snowboarder, brown suede jacket.
- Romain de Marchi, professional snowboarder, white leather jacket.
About Musicares MAP Fund:
The MusiCares MAP Fund was established to create a pool of resources to specifically address addiction and recovery needs within the music community. Named for the Musicians' Assistance Program, the fund represents the joint goal of MAP and MusiCares to provide members of the music community access to addiction recovery treatment regardless of their financial condition.
Watches from The LTD Collection will be available in 12 stores globally for one month only starting November 15th.
Stores participating in the US include all Barneys locations as well as Atrium NYC and Villains Vault SF.
Paris – Colette
London – Bond
Barcelona –Limited Edition
Düsseldorf – Vibes
Zürich– The Garage
New York – Atrium, Barneys
Los Angeles – Barneys
San Francisco – Villains Vault
Chicago – Barneys
Amsterdam – The Old Man
Sydney – General Pants
Tokyo – Beams
Bologna - Scout
For more information about The Nixon LTD Collection, high resolution imagery or product samples please contact:
Shelby Meade at Fresh & Clean Media: (310) 313.7200
For questions about MusiCares MAP Fund contact
Wynnie Wynn: 310-581-8659