(PRWEB) November 11, 2005 -
IPROMS 2006, the 2006 Virtual International Conference on Intelligent Production Machines and Systems, will take place on the Internet between 3 and 14 July 2006. IPROMS 2006 will build on the outstanding success of its predecessor, IPROMS 2005. Authors from 32 countries across five continents contributed over 100 papers to IPROMS 2005 and some 4168 registered delegates and guests from 71 countries participated in the Conference, making it a truly global phenomenon.
Like its predecessor, IPROMS 2006 will provide an unrivalled medium for researchers to disseminate and promote their work. For example, searches using Google for articles on topics related to IPROMS (such as Intelligent Manufacturing, Reconfigurable Manufacturing, Intelligent Design Systems, and Intelligent Planning and Scheduling Systems) regularly show papers by IPROMS authors among the top ten articles out of the millions of items found.
Papers submitted for IPROMS 2006 will be peer reviewed. Accepted articles and presentations will be accessible on-line by all registered attendees. Subsequently, papers will be printed in the book of proceedings by a major Publisher. Selected papers will also be developed into manuscripts for inclusion in a special issue of the Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers - Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture
Researchers worldwide are cordially invited to contribute original papers on topics pertinent to Intelligent Production Machines and Systems. The following
is a non-exclusive list of topics of interest to IPROMS 2006:
- Collaborative and Responsive Manufacturing Systems
- Concurrent Engineering
- Digital Manufacturing
- E-manufacturing, E-business and Virtual Enterprises
- Innovative Production Machines and Systems
- Intelligent and Competitive Manufacturing
- Intelligent Automation Systems
- Intelligent Decision Support Systems
- Intelligent Design Systems
- Intelligent Optimisation Techniques for Production Machines and Systems
- Intelligent Planning and Scheduling Systems
- Intelligent Supply Chains
- Micro/ Nano Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS/ NEMS)
- Novel Human Machine Interfaces including Tangible Acoustic Interfaces (Tai Chi)
- Reconfigurable Manufacturing Systems
- Sustainable Manufacturing Systems
In addition to regular sessions, IPROMS 2006 will also include special sessions of 6-12 invited papers. Suggestions for special session themes within the scope of IPROMS 2006 are welcome.
IPROMS 2006 Call for Papers
The deadline for full paper submission is 15 December 2005.