Livingston, NJ (PRWEB) November 15, 2005
Nightstand Creations, Inc. announces the launch of the "My Backyard" DVD series one for children, offering viewers ages 2-8, self-affirming, educational experiences which reminds children that they are special, that they do matter, and that they can achieve anything they set their minds to. Each series consists of three DVDs with accompanying CDs and Books, as well as complimentary items, which encourage children to be creative and develop into compassionate citizens who can make a difference in the world.
Series one of "My Backyard" contains three DVD episodes – Dentist, Wildlife Rescuer and Pediatrician. Created and hosted by Randy Rossilli, Jr., a former teacher and principal, "My Backyard" promotes literacy, language development, science, ecology, humor, the arts, career awareness, and character development.
Each episode of "My Backyard" has a specific career or character-based theme that introduces and reinforces the selected theme in a multiple intelligence-based manner. For instance, in episode one, Randy is visited by a dentist as visitors learn about how fun and easy a visit to the dentist can be. There are eight areas of intelligence incorporated into "My Backyard" products:
- Visual/ Spatial: Learning visually and the ability to organizing spatially including charts, graphs, maps, tables, illustrations, art, puzzles, costumes and eye catching items.
- Verbal/Linguistic: Learning through language/arts to develop speaking, writing, reading and listening ability.
- Mathematical/Logical: Develop numbers, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Bodily/Kinesthetic: Learning through activity, such as games, movement, hands-on tasks and building.
- Musical/Rhythmic: Learning through songs, patterns, rhythms, instruments and musical expression.
- Intra-personal: Learning about emotions, feelings, values and ideas. * Developing and recognizing intuition.
- Interpersonal: Learning socialization, becoming people oriented and outgoing. Learning cooperatively in groups or with a partner.
- Naturalist: Loving the outdoors, animals, and field trips, environmentally aware.
- Existentialist: Developing a curiosity about where humankind stands in the ‘big picture’ of existence.
In each episode of the series, these theories of multiple intelligence are enriched and reinforced. The "My Backyard" series will enrich and enhance your child’s intelligences and the "My Backyard" series should become an important part of any child’s development. "My Backyard" is the only product currently available to parents that has this unique approach to child development.
For the latest information on all the products under the "My Backyard" title visit http://www.nightstandcreations.com.
About Randy Rossilli, Jr.
A thirteen-year veteran in public education, Randy has vast experience with the development of innovative academic programs, including the development of magnet-style schools, alternative assessment programs, and technology-based instructional models. Rossilli, Jr. has held the position of classroom teacher, building principal, subject supervisor and central office administrator.
Now the creator and host of the upcoming series "My Backyard," Randy is dedicated to producing material that supports and further expands the Nightstand Creations Inc.'s mission of developing properties that educate, inspire self-esteem and self-affirmation, and, of course, are fun.
About Nightstand Creations, Inc.
Nightstand Creations, Inc. was founded in 1999 by Randy Rossilli, Jr., to develop creative products for children. Nightstand Creations, Inc. has created the "My Backyard" properties, a series of educational products for children ages 2-8. In development of the "My Backyard"’s current series, Randy has assembled an advisory committee comprised of highly qualified professionals with hands-on experience in various areas of child development. These committee members include a certified teacher for the deaf and handicapped, certified speech pathologist, certified clinical and academic social worker, licensed counselor, certified teacher of English and Drama, as well as author of several published children’s plays, and the director of an art-based children’s therapeutic counseling organization. Nightstand Creations, Inc. also works on a variety of other animation, television and communications projects.
Randy Rossilli, Jr.
Nightstand Creations, Inc.
PO BOX 2096, Livingston, NJ 07039
FAX (800) 256-8690
# # #