Saint Paul, MN (PRWEB) November 9, 2005
The non-profit James J. Hill Reference Library, the nation’s leading source of publicly accessible practical business information, today announced a new Standard Membership Program for small businesses (http://www.jjhill.org/standard). The Standard Membership program is designed to “level the information playing field” by putting direct access to information and expert business assistance into the hands of small businesses needing relevant and credible data for crafting sound business plans, strategies, and sales proposals.
The typical business person with Internet access spends one to one and a half hours per day looking for business information online. At an opportunity cost of $50 per hour, that’s almost $20,000 per year per employee wasted “surfing” the Web. There must be a better way.
For a minimal annual investment of $55 (or 15¢ per day), members of James J. Hill Reference Library’s Standard Membership Program receive:
- The Online Business Information Center featuring direct access to the “Invisible Business Web;” industry reports and lists; thousands of digitized and searchable business books; Hill business calculators; downloadable business plans and forms; and a wealth of information resources and tools.
- Expert business information assistance from a Hill Business Information Expert via Live Help, e-mail, or telephone. Hill Business Information Specialists are arguably the top business reference librarians in the country and annually answer tens of thousands of difficult business-related questions for members and clients.
- Unlimited use of the Hill Library/Edward Lowe Foundation PeerNet program. When a member needs help processing a business issue, they can ask a peer to share their experiences.
- Substantial discounts on business products and services including great savings on printing, overnight shipping, credit card fees, insurance, travel services, and more.
- Monthly member e-newsletter including the nationally renowned Web Site of the Week e-mail and access to archived issues.
- Free or discounted Hill educational programs, seminars and training sessions, both in person and online.
According to Don Wilson, CEO of the Association of Small Business Development Centers (ASBDC), “…to win in business today, you need accurate, timely, relevant research information and economic and business data. There is no better organization in this country than the James J. Hill Reference Library to provide…access to and expert assistance in finding the practical business information entrepreneurs and small businesses need to succeed.”
While access to high quality business information, assistance, and resources has historically come at a very high price, the James J. Hill Reference Library realizes that there are many small business owners and employees who need access to information resources and expert assistance but don’t have the same budgets as their larger competitors. The Standard Membership Program makes it affordable for these individuals to get the information they need to succeed and make substantial and lasting improvements in their performance.
“The Standard Membership Program is what the Library refers to as its ‘Double Return On Investment’ membership program,” said Sam Richter, President of the James J. Hill Reference Library. “We remain committed to helping members receive double the value versus the cost of their membership every time they use their Standard Member benefits.”
Some typical member discounts on small business products and services include 20 to 60 percent off at FedEx Kinkos, 15 percent off credit processing fees, and 30 percent off corporate travel. In addition, members receive direct access to Hill Business information experts anytime they have a business reference question. Typical services like this cost anywhere from $25 to $150 per question. Yet with Hill Standard Membership, this service is included. With direct access to substantial discounts and resources, it clearly does not take long for Standard Membership fees to pay for themselves many times over.
Simply put, the Hill Library Standard Membership Program is a true bargain. For just 15¢ per day, members receive access to the nation’s top business research library’s “human business search engine.” As one recent member stated, “it’s the biggest no brainer business investment around.”
The non-profit, private James J. Hill Reference Library houses one of the nation’s most extensive collections of business reference information and the nation’s top business information specialists. The 80+ year old Hill Library serves a national audience via numerous online programs and business reference and research services. For more information on membership programs available to businesses, please visit http://www.jjhill.org/Benefits.
# # #