Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) November 16, 2005
Okino Computer Graphics, a leading provider of high quality 3D data translation solutions to the enterprise Fortune 1000 market for over a decade, announced that its second major generation of precise solids-based CATIA v4+v5 and ACIS SAT CAD importers are now shipping. Based on components from Dassault Systèmes (the developers of the CATIA 3D modeling software) and Spatial Corp, the importers provide the most accurate and highest quality import conversions possible since they share the same runtime code as used by the CATIA v5 modeling software and the Spatial ACIS modeling engine. Recent newcomer companies to the data translation world use reverse engineered libraries to provide similar CAD import support whereas Okino uses the actual and official CATIA and ACIS libraries, and at lower costs to our customers.
When combined with Okino's CAD data optimization routines (for hierarchy & part count simplification), very complex assemblies can be imported, optimized, simplified, then re-exported to packages such as 3ds Max, Maya, Lightwave, SoftImage|3D and |XSI, Cinema-4D, OpenFlight/Creator, Renderman RIB, trueSpace and many others.
"This is one of our most important and crucial set of CAD importers for our PLM and large enterprise users, such as Boeing, GM, Ford and other key customers," said Robert Lansdale, President & CEO of Okino Computer Graphics, Inc., "My focus since initiating Okino software in 1988 has always been to provide the highest quality CAD data repurposing and conversion solutions, and to allow all disparate departments of large enterprise companies (such as engineering, design, marketing and support) to easily exchange product data without the need to rebuild their CAD datasets. With a huge number of existing CATIA and ACIS seats, our second generation of CATIA v4+v5 and SAT importers allow such users to easily repurpose their native CAD files to a dizzying number of downstream software applications and file formats supported by our PolyTrans and NuGraf packages. Downstream uses include product documentation and manual creation, animation and rendering software, visual communication and review of data, and for accessing simpler and easier to manipulate versions of the original CAD datasets. Our second major release is based on the ACIS R15 modeling engine and the newest Dassault Systèmes CATIA v5 runtime libraries. As such, these importers provide top notch and dependable performance. They have also been extensively field tested prior to this open release.”
Major Benefits of the CATIA and ACIS CAD Importers to Users of Okino's Software
· Supports CATIA v5 parts (.catpart) and assembly (.cadproduct) files, as well as the import of the assembly structure information.
· Supports CATIA v4 .model and .dlv (mainframe), .exp (export) and .session files. The .model files are generally used for one part files while .dlv and .exp files are used for multipart creation.
· Supports ACIS SAT (text) and SAB (binary) files up to ACIS R15 (the current release from Spatial).
· Many options to control the import of the data. Import by body, face, bodies + faces or bodies + shells + faces. This allows rendering materials to be applied at the finest granularity (faces) or the coarsest (bodies).
· Model healing (for CATIA v4) and erroneous surface repairs (for CATIA v4 & v5).
· Importing via the CATIA and SAT "solids-based" file formats ensure that adjacent NURBS patches are "stitched" together via topology information (BREP data) and thus creates "crack free" tessellation when the NURBS or parametric solids are converted to a polygonal mesh.
· Imports CATIA and ACIS SAT CAD file formats directly into the user interfaces of 3ds Max, Maya, XSI, Director, Cinema-4D, Quest-3D (and other third party programs) via native PolyTrans plug-in systems.
Applicable WEB pages
The following are pertinent pages on the Okino WEB site relating to this press release:
http://www.okino.com/conv/imp_catia4.htm = Okino CATIA v4 importer module overview
http://www.okino.com/conv/imp_catia5.htm = Okino CATIA v5 importer module overview
http://www.okino.com/conv/imp_sat.htm = Okino ACIS SAT importer module overview
About Okino Computer Graphics
Founded in 1991 (Toronto, Canada), with development starting in 1988, Okino Computer Graphics, Inc. is an industry leader in the development and deployment of 3D data re-purposing software that allows professional 3D software users to intelligently and accurately convert/view/render/modify 3D data and assets between most major CAD, DCC and VisSim software packages. Okino software is used the world over by all major Fortune 1000 companies, 18 of the top 21 defense contractors, the top 12 automotive manufacturers, and thousands of production studios, 3D content creation, game development, CAD, engineering and product design companies (as broken out in the Okino customer user list at http://www.okino.com/conv/users.htm). For more information about Okino, please visit http://www.okino.com.
PolyTrans and NuGraf are registered trademarks of Okino Computer Graphics, Inc. Okino is a trademark of Okino Computer Graphics, Inc. CATIA and SolidWorks are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes. ACIS and SAT are registered trademarks of Spatial Corp. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
# # #