Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) November 15, 2005
Today at the IP.4.IT tradeshow in Las Vegas, Paraxip Technologies announced that its highly innovative Open Gateway software product would be featured in a VoIP Media Gateway Reference Platform. This reference platform allows SIP application vendors and system integrators to free themselves from a dependency on closed and proprietary gateway appliances. The combination of the Paraxip Gateway software with host media processing (HMP) software and digital network interface boards from Intel provides numerous benefits to customers including:
- Application-ready platforms. The application ready platform approach allows developers to select an application platform that includes an embedded VoIP gateway subsystem. The platform can thus run both the SIP-based applications as well as connecting to the PSTN through the gateway software.
- Support for co-resident HMP applications. The VoIP media gateway reference platform is capable of supporting a SIP/HMP application and the Paraxip Gateway application in a single white box server. This enables IP solution providers to benefit from the cost efficiencies of deploying and managing a single footprint device.
- Innovative feature set. Fully adapted to applications such as Interactive Voice Response, IP Contact Centers and IP-PBX, the application-ready platform offers unique-in-industry features such as Open Protocol Translation, Advanced call progress analysis over the SIP protocol, dynamic call transfer selection and much more.
- Choice of deployment configurations. The building block approach allows application vendors and system integrators to create converged communication platform configurations that precisely suit their customers’ IT needs using their choice of servers and adapting the hardware and software capacity to their requirements and internal policies.
- Highly flexible software licensing model. The software-based gateway approach allows customers to license precisely the capabilities they need for their unique applications, as they need it. The approach can yield significant cost improvements and allows for easy upgrades via simple software/licensing update.
“The VoIP Application Development Platform is a way to break out of the proprietary gateway appliance model” said Serge Forest, President and CEO at Paraxip Technologies. “We firmly believe that SIP application vendors and system integrators are looking for a product architecture that enables them to have the control they need over the traditional telephony connectivity as well as flexibility in packaging and licensing of the solution. And that is precisely what we are bringing to the market.”
Converged platforms based on Paraxip and Intel building blocks enable both the SIP application developers to readily integrate with legacy TDM equipment, as well as the traditional TDM vendors to easily migrate to a hybrid IP/TDM deployment model. The reference platform is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all the possible configurations and permutations allowed by this approach. Platform integrators, system integrators and application developers can adapt the building blocks to their own unique set of requirements.
“As demand rises for IP-based gateways, the requirement to provide a flexible, scalable infrastructure built on industry standards will become increasingly important,” said Tim Moynihan, director of product marketing, Modular Communications Platform Division, Intel. “The combination of Paraxip and Intel building blocks meets those demands and helps to accelerate the deployment of IP infrastructure and applications.”
“Our channel is looking for a configurable, pre-tested, standards-based media gateway platform that provides all the flexibility normally found within Computer Telephony solutions” said Jeff Valliant, President and CEO of CYGCOM Integrated Technologies Inc. “Our Speed-To-MarketÔ Product takes the modular components provided by Intel, Microsoft, and Paraxip Software and produces a highly configurable application platform with a comprehensive in-field support program, the kind of solution our customers need”.
Paraxip Technologies is a general member of the Intel® Communications Alliance. Please visit http://www.paraxip.com for further details.
Intel and Intel NetStructure are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
About Paraxip Technologies
Paraxip Technologies offers software products enabling a seamless transition from traditional telephony to IP telephony. Paraxip’s products are designed from the ground up to offer Voice-over-IP (VoIP) applications with un-paralleled transparency to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), enabling seamless operations in hybrid environments, where traditional and IP telephony equipment and applications are mixed. Working with world-class industry partners, Paraxip brings to market innovative connectivity solutions in a flexible, building block approach. Paraxip’s products are optimized for Interactive Voice Response, Call Center and IP-PBX applications. For more information, please visit http://www.paraxip.com.
# # #