San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 21, 2005
Just in time for your holiday planning... How would you like to create a more personal, spiritual and reflective New Year’s transition and celebration this year? If so, then check out how to create your own 3rd Annual World Spirituality Day event.
These events were originally the idea of the interfaith non-profit organization, Integrative Spirituality (http://www.integrativespirituality.org), but now these events belong to everyone in the global spiritual commons no matter what their faith. This event occurs on the day or eve of December 31 each year and can be observed anywhere and with anyone: one’s self, friends and family, or with a group in a larger event setting.
The purpose of World Spirituality Day is to supercharge your New Year’s transition, celebrations and resolutions with the deepest power of your own spirituality. December 31st is considered by many to be a day, not only of transition from one year to the next, but also between the old and the new. What a great time then, to reflect on how your most important and profound past spiritual experiences can influence and support your future in a positive and uplifting way.
Suggestions on How to Celebrate and Create Your Own World Spirituality Day Event Wherever You Are
World Spirituality Day can occur at different times depending upon how your culture or religious denomination celebrates New Years Eve. Most people using the roman calendar celebrate New Years Eve December 31st. (The Chinese New Years Eve is February 8th, 2005 and the Jewish New Years Eve is October 3rd, 2005). The nondenominational World Spirituality Day is simple to participate in and can be celebrated either alone or in a group.
Here are some suggestions:
- Any location or time during World Spirituality Day will work but if possible, it is better to pick a location and time of the day that is highly meaningful to you and/or your group.
Before you start, spend a few moments getting into a relaxed, meditative or worshipful state.
- Set your intention to remember as much as possible about these unique life changing spiritual experiences.
- Remember in as much sensory detail as possible your single most profound and transformational personal spiritual experience. If you like, and you have more than one, go to your next most profound and transformational spiritual experience and so on until you naturally want to take a break. Many people soon begin to feel an amazing sense of overflowing wellbeing, strength and peace that for some, longs to be shared. And if you think you’re one of those people who loves to share,
- Set up a gathering with friends and share your profound, transformational spiritual experiences and listen to theirs.
Create resolutions for the New Year, either in private or in public, which may or may not have a connection to this reflection on your transformational spiritual experiences.
- Dance and sing following the reflections and resolution making if that feels authentic and right for you.
If so desired, celebrate and/or carry on with the rest of your New Year’s party plans inspired by the effects of your personal World Spirituality Day event.
There are many creative variations you could add to further enhance your World Spirituality Day experience. It is recommended that you add whatever you like and experiment. You can also share your day’s experiences online by visiting http://www.worldspiritualityday.net. Here you can share your most profound and transformational personal experiences with the online world in multiple languages, post photos from your gathering and contribute to a discussion board. Just follow the instructions on the site.
For additional information or a sample copy, Contact:
# # #