(PRWEB) November 22, 2005
If choosing dog is such a straightforward process, and it is, how come so many puppies find their way into adoption centres every year?
Don't commit the mistakes that others had! Heed for advice first before buying your long term companion!
Doggyandco.com, an online pet store providing useful advice for dog lovers, is giving advice on how to choose the perfect dog breed that suits you and your family.
“Are you really ready for a pet dog? If so, do you know which dog breed is suitable for you? I doubt you can answer that question immediately,” says Gaynor, founder of Doogyandco.com. You just need some helpful advice before making any impulsive decision. Make it a goal to choose a puppy suited to your family and circumstances.
Doggyandco.com recommends answering the following questions before buying a pet dog.
1) How much time can I spend with my dog, a social creature who craves companionship? - If your time is limited do not get a breed which can become dependent on their owners.
2) How much exercise can I give my dog? - If you hate exercise, buy a small dog happy with a short walk. If you like to walk the mountains all day long get a dog breed which likes a lot of exercise.
3) How much grooming can I do? - If you hate grooming, buy a short-haired dog.
4) How much training can I give? - If you have limited time, choose a breed known for ease of training.
5) How much room do I have? - If you live in a small apartment do not get a large dog!
6) What characteristics do I want in my dog? - Think of words like independent, energetic, submissive, affectionate, protective, quiet, funny or sociable. Try to match them to the characteristics of your family members. Your dog will fit in much better if you do.
These are just some questions that dog lovers have to consider before choosing and getting their pet dog. Of course, there are still plenty of factors to look into before making the decision. Dog lovers can look for more detailed advice at Doggyandco.com’s website at http://www.doggyandco.com.