Saskatoon, SK and Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) November 29, 2005
In an unprecedented move, Point2 Technologies (“Point2”) today launched Point2 Agent 6.0 (“Point2 Agent”), the first real estate broker and agent software platform to bring homeowner comments to prospective buyers researching homes online. The breakthrough reflects increasing consumer demand for more involvement in the real estate buying and selling process.
Seamlessly integrating 15 new features and enhancements, Point2 Agent now allows home sellers for the first time ever to enter information about their property, online, directly onto their Realtor’s® website, under a dedicated Seller’s Comments section.
The revolutionary capability enables Realtors® to work more closely with customers to enhance the presentation of their home and to influence its value, by giving them the option to contribute meaningful insight and emotions to the listing, helping to better differentiate the property and shape buyer decisions. Home seller input is designed to add to a listing a degree of depth never available to home buyers before and that only the home owner can deliver with a high level of credibility.
“We’ve had an extremely positive reaction from customers, buyers and sellers alike,” says Joy Costello, RE/MAX real estate agent in Las Vegas. “In the past, a buyer rarely had an opportunity to pick the owner’s mind and listen to how they felt about the home, the neighbours and the community. We can now offer to home buyers important information they simply could not access before, which is the ability to get a true feel about a property that is of interest to them, directly from the homeowner, in their own words.”
“A home purchase is a highly emotional decision, and consumers clearly want to be more involved in the process,” said Brendan King, chief operating officer at Point2 Technologies. “Point2 Agent taps these two key dynamics to give real estate professionals a major new edge in marketing their services, gives home owners a new opportunity to differentiate their homes, and empowers consumers with a new connection to the home owner, which they never had before.”
“This is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to consumer involvement in the real estate transaction process, but a significant step in the right direction that Realtors® and consumers are likely to embrace very quickly,” said Jeff Tomlin, manager of market research at Point2 Technologies. “Realtors® who adopt revolutionary ideas that support consumer interests, reflect a sense of value and professionalism that can undoubtedly impact their business at the expense of their competitors.”
Point2 Agent New Feature List
In addition to Seller Comments, Point2 Agent 6.0 offers the following new features:
· Google Sitemap – Allows agents to easily add new listings to the Google search engine, for more effective marketing;
· Google Map Module – Allows agents to easily add a Google map to their website, featuring their listings. The Map offers to site visitors a quick and easy way to browse listing locations visually, by geographic area, and to select listings they want to find out more about, right off the map, for more convenience;
· Open House Module – Allows agents to easily display and promote open house listings on their website;
· Audio Attachment – Enables the attachment of audio recordings to listings, for enhanced listing presentations;
· Photo Album – Enables agents to easily upload images and photos, and create slide shows;
· Marketplace Statistics Integration – Allows agents to determine the source of their leads and frequency of visitor viewings of any particular listing;
· UltraStats – A powerful web reporting tool empowers agents with critical website traffic data to facilitate better resource allocation, marketing and decisions;
· RSS (Really Simple Syndication) Listings Feed – Allows consumers to receive new listing information from the agent, and to view them without having to go to the agent’s website;
· Seller and Contact RSS – A productivity tool that adds new contact information to the agent’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool, as soon as a visitor enters his or her information on the agent’s website; The system also immediately informs the agent of the new addition;
· Mobile Feature Sheet – Downloads listing brochures instantaneously to the agent’s PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) or handheld device, for on-the-go access in the field;
· Domain Name Renewal – Convenient domain name renewal directly through the agent’s website;
· Common Includes – Saves valuable time by automatically replicating content across the agent’s website, as required;
· Graphics Library – Expanded library of images and photos for use in agent website customization; and,
· Background Colours – An expanded colour palette for use in website customization.
Pricing and Availability
New Point2 Agent features will be rolled into the platform systematically, through December 2005, to provide users with access to the new capabilities as soon as they become available.
About Point2 Agent
With nearly 70,000 subscribers in 55 countries, Point2 Agent is the industry’s leading real estate website, online marketing and advertising software solution. More information can be obtained at http://www.Point2Agent.com.
About Point2 Technologies Inc.
Point2 Technologies is a global leader in online marketing and eBusiness software solutions for the real estate and heavy equipment industries. Leveraging Point2 proprietary and patented technology, Point2 develops and markets software solutions that enable organizations to conduct business over the Internet more easily and more profitably.
Founded in 1996, Point2 Technologies is a privately held, profitable organization. The company employs a staff of 95 at its headquarters in Saskatoon, SK and its Vancouver, BC offices. In recognition for its ground-breaking technology and industry leadership, in the year 2000 Point2 Technologies received the No. 1 eBusiness designation in Canada by global management consultants, Bain & Company and Canada’s national business daily, The Globe and Mail. Point2 was also named one of the Top 200 most promising B2B companies in the world, by Forbes Magazine. More information can be obtained at http://www.point2.com.
Point2® is a registered trademark of Point2 Technologies Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
Media Relations contact:
Public Relations Director
Toll Free: 1-888-955-7900 ext. 224 (U.S. and Canada)
Investor Relations contact:
Vice President, Finance
Toll Free: 1-866-955-7900 ext. 213 (U.S. and Canada)
Tel: 1-306-955-9736 ext. 213
# # #